Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great adventure and better company!

Last sunday we had an amazing time with Sam. He is incredibly aware of the montains and the nature... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2018
Rociomendez
via mobile
Loved every minute

Cliff Camping was a birthday experience for me and I loved every minute of it! Husband not so keen... read more

Reviewed 3 September 2018
Emma_Mal2013
Tarporley, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Caernarfon
All reviews big wall sound of the waves watched a beautiful sunset absolutely amazing experience birthday present for my boyfriend thought of everything these guys north wales irish sea taster session great fun sam company cliffs climbers skills gear
Reviewed 16 June 2017

If you love to rock climb, North Wales is a great place to do it with an immense variety of routes for all levels, with gorgeous scenery. Gaia Adventures is a fantastic organization that leads groups of various sizes out for single and multi-day trips. They are very organized and professional with excellent instructors that take the time to understand your level of ability and work with you to meet your goals. Sam's enthusiasm and positive attitude throughout my private two day course made it an awesome experience. I hadn't been out on the rocks for a decade and Sam got me out on a multi-pitch climb the first day and a route off of a seacliff the second day. The seacliff was a first-ever experience and truly breathtaking. I also really like Gaia because they are a sustainable company with a focus on getting people out in nature to appreciate the natural beauty with the hope that they will also become stewards to help protect these natural places. I can't say enough about Gaia. Go with this company and you won't be disappointed, that's for sure.

Date of experience: June 2017
Will N, Owner at Gaia Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

It was great to spend time with you. thanks for coming and for the ideas and input from yourself. We got loads done so well done!
Glad to give you a good intro to the best bits of North Wales.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Dave H
The perfect 50th birthday present for a dad who still thinks he is thirty!
I have dragged my family along many adventures over the years and hopefully instilled a good respect for the active lifestyle, consequently for my recent birthday they booked me and our 14 year old son onto a days climbing and then Cliff Camping with Gaia Adventures.
We had to travel into north Wales for the experience and was extremely pleased that Sam was able to be flexible with the booking as the night we had planned to be out was dreadful weather, the following night however was perfect.
My son and I have both some climbing experience but we have reached the point where in this area of life he is starting to push past me! so I had been thinking some outside help would be needed to move us on. Sam, our instructor pitched a perfect day of challenging climbing, how to be being safe and self reliant and focused tuition for Harry on lead climbing.
The portaledge camping was icing on the cake. I cannot think of another experience that would provide such an 'out of the ordinary' activity and to be able to do it with my son was fantastic.
Our instructor Sam was spot on in every aspect, a really believable young man out there doing it for real himself but also helping /inspiring others to reach their potential. He certainly inspired us.

Sam F, Owner at Gaia Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Thanks Dave. You're still climbing like your 30... just keep those feet on!
Great to meet you both and im looking forward to running into Harry in the mountains soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Sam is a fantastic coach. The coaching I received on footwork made such a difference and the overnight stay on the ledge was an amazing memory that will last a lifetime.

Will N, Owner at Gaia Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Hi Nat, Thanks a lot for that! A brilliant couple of days with you both. It was lovely to meet you properly at last. See you again, maybe in Spain next time. Keep enjoying your climbing.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I needed an intro to trad climbing, and the course I did was spot on. The instructor tailored the course to our group (of six people), and he was extremely competent and personable. I'd definitely do another Gaia Adventures course.

Date of experience: April 2017
Will N, Owner at Gaia Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Great to hear, thank you Tessa. And thanks for taking the time to do the review. See you again next year we hope, if not before. Keep in touch and keep climbing. Wooop

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I was looking for a tailored 3-day lead climbing course and happened by the website of Gaia Adventures. It appeared to be just what I was after - 2 highly experienced and motivated climbers running a small company in one of the best climbing regions of the UK. The whole experience surpassed my most optimistic expectations and on the feedback form I couldn't think of a single improvement they could make! Will came back to me straight away with a positive and helpful response following my initial enquiry and the course with Sam was spot on - did loads of climbing and the course has made a huge difference not only to my skill set but also in terms of giving me the confidence and enthusiasm to push on towards my target of climbing The Old Man of Hoy later this year. The icing on the cake for me was leading a pitch using half-ropes (my first time using doubles) on the sea cliffs at Castell Helen - great end to a great course - thanks guys!

Date of experience: April 2017
Will N, Owner at Gaia Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Hi Andy, thanks a lot for coming and joining us. I'm looking forwards to hearing a trip report from Scotland.

Come and join us for a cupa in Llanberis anytime.

Sam and Will.