All reviews fish and chips sunny day great pub menai straits lovely food anglesey castle dog geoff mic cider lad ales
Reviewed 23 January 2018

The Anglesey arm has a very hit and miss reputation with the locals but due to time constraints we (the family) decided to give it another try, the restaurant was about 25% full so we took a table and placed our order, our main order of beef roast with seasonel veg arrived after approximately a 35 min wait, at first all looked well but after moving the very large Yorkshire pudding we discovered the seasonal veg consisted of broccoli, and only broccoli
I brought this to the attention of the waitress to be told they had run out of cauliflower cheese, I replied that I thought the cauliflowers war an extra an anyway. She replied it was!!
On been presented with the bill I again mentioned the veg and in fairness the young lady looked a bit embarrassed about it
Been a true Brit I payed the bill and vowed to the wife not to let me eat there ever again

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Anglesey A, other at The Anglesey Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Hello
Please specify which Anglesey Arms (Caernarfon or Menai Bridge) you visited as after reading your comments this does not apply to us in Caernarfon. We serve a carvery so therefore would not be a 35 minute wait as you go up when you are ready, even if we are waiting for any extras or refills it would not take 35 minutes.
We always have a wide variety of vegetables on the carvery

Sophie

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Those which i assume have been the owners of this place seem to be lovely so that makes it hard for me do describe the reality of this place in a harsh way. We arrived at this place on 1/1/18 late in the evening to be welcomed or unwelcomed by some not very friendly faces to see people walking in at tht hour..i had a booking of course. When we were going towards the rooms on a hall was a bucket in the middle bcz of water leaking. The room was smelling bad of frying things to be told kitcken is next door so we had choice of another room where had no choice but to take it. The first thing to realise was the toilett ( sharing/ out of room anyway ...wasnt flushing ....hence we had to use it tht way 3 of us Omg ...as there was nobody to complain or ask for a different one we could use ....the tv was turning on and only one channel was working and tht after few hours stopped the batteries in remote looked ancient. I hate writting reviews especially bad but if u end up in a windy/rainy late night in a room where no tv no internet ( as the bar staff put password only on son phone and when we got outside it disconected ...than u will have a horrible night ...the place itself i think is positioned in a beautiful place and i know might be costy to renovate but i think cleaning doesnt cost. Needs a lot of cleaning.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mariam_sweet_bad
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting we only stayed for one night and were told due to a double booking only had one room. It was room 7 I have never stayed in a smaller dirtier room. If we hadn't been with other people we would have left immediately. Nothing positive to say I will upload pictures and you can judge for yourselves.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank BILLYTheWirral
Reviewed 25 December 2017

Dog friendly . Great view. Perfect for 2 night break. Everything in room you could need. Lovely breakfast , even extras for dogs . Helpful & friendly staff. Had a nice meal although due to time of year had limited choice. Rooms above pub so expect some noise but not too bad. Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Went here on the Saturday before bonfire night hoping to find somewhere to cater for a party of 8 that include a baby and we also had 2 dogs with us. Initially we went in and were told they weren’t serving food because of the fireworks but on our way out we noticed they were setting up some outside catering. After discussing with the owner we turned back around and got ourselves comfortable inside.

The food itself was decent enough and was a nice touch to be able to eat and watch the fireworks but clearly a money making opportunity and I don’t blame them for taking it!

The reason for 3 stars is because though friendly enough, the staff pouring drinks were let’s say “dizzy”. We asked for the game to be put on but nobody came back to let me know they don’t show sports. I had to ask again to find out

I would like to go back when it’s not bonfire and so busy and see what it’s like then

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family