All reviewsjockey barmolton brown toiletriestattersalls restaurantabbots roomcotswold innsbar menulovely hotelvillage greenbar area isan evening meallight lunchsunday lunchlambscallopsdouble roomsitting roomnight break
Reviewed 16 June 2018

My wife and I stayed for one night 15/06/18 on our return journey back up North Firstly the rear car park is spacious and secure I am fortunate to drive very expensive cars and this is important The hotel is really olde worldly full of character with nooks and crannies Our room was nice and quiet with a huge bed I would have preferred a walk in shower but the over bath shower worked well and was of high quality We stayed for dinner our starter of olives and a bread basket was a meal in itself best ever ! Our main course was again first class breakfast next morning was very special I had eggs benedict with ham awesome ! As you can tell I like this hotel and all the staff were lovely we will be staying again

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at The Broadway hotel for one night to celebrate my birthday and our wedding anniversary.
We paid a lot of money for an executive double, and expected a decent room.
On arrival the staff were great, reception was efficient, and we were shown to our room which was a nice touch.
The room itself was a good size and the in room facilities were good. The bathroom wasn't huge, but perfectly adequate and the shower was very powerful.
However the lack of a fully glazed shower, or a full curtain meant that half the bathroom got a shower as well as me.
We didn't eat in the hotel that night, but at the Swan pub which was great.
The bed though large was extremely uncomfortable as were the pillows. Both my wife and I had a very restless sleep, and both ended up with sore backs and hip's.
So much for the restful sleep and lie in we hoped for on our kid free weekend.
We have stayed in various types of hotel over the years, some around the same price as this one, and have never experienced such a bad nights sleep.
When we mentioned this to reception on checkout they seemed surprised and almost affronted that we had questioned the comfort of the bed and pillows, stating the pillows were made of duck down. I can only imagine the type of duck that produced those pillows.
The breakfast however was very good so some redemption there.
If it wasn't for the terrible bed we would have considered staying there again, but sadly we will not be going back, which is a shame, but if you are going to charge that amount of money for a room I expect a good night's sleep not torture.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Had a good lunch here on the lovely area outside on the green

Good atmosphere and pretty good service

Mussels were a bit chewy but with a good portion size and lovely sauce

Excellent warm chicken sandwiches and good scampi

Not cheap but what do you expect

Enjoyable

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Only stayed the one night and would definitely go back. Interaction before and during our stay was friendly and warm with a lovely welcome on arrival. We had a room at the back, overlooking the gardens which was really nice, also quiet. The Molten Brown products in the bathroom were a fabulous touch and the breakfast was fabulous with great attention to detail and an appetite to get everything perfect. We would definitely recommend this hotel, great stay.

Room Tip: Room at back was lovely and quiet.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We visited Broadway last Sunday and ended up loving it so much we booked the last available room! A twin room, at the back of the hotel on the top floor. For what we paid £110 with breakfast it was value for money! Loved the breakfast and it's setting. Loved everything about the hotel apart from the twin room being just a little small, but having 2 beds in it didn't help and I appreciate it's a very old building. Immaculately clean room, comfortable beds and excellent shower! Shame there were dogs barking in the middle of the night - we think this was due to kennels close by which we discovered the next day! We also had an evening meal here outside on the terrace! It was very busy and we has to ask if the table could be cleaned. The food was good! We would return if we could get a room at this price but definitely wouldn't pay £200 which I was told was the normal price!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple