“Free lunch!”
Review of Waitrose

Waitrose
Ranked #119 of 282 Restaurants in Salisbury
Reviewed 3 May 2018

A big thank you to Lou for offering me a chicken and bacon flatbread for free (it had been made by mistake). It was delicious!

2  Thank loobyluDorset

Reviewed 1 May 2018

My husband and I attended the cookery school and loved the experience. We learnt lots of new skills and recipes and have been able to recreate them at home. We were given the recipes to take away. The chef was very knowledgable and made the experience fun and personal. We ate some of the food whilst we were there and took some back home with us.
We weren't aware that we could have had breakfast on arrival which was a shame as we wouldn't have eaten beforehand.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The course was entitled French Bakers Basket.
Although a fun day overall, I do not believe that the baguette recipe was authentically French— am sure they do not use semolina in their bread! Disappointing they did not teach us to make croissants and instead made puff pastry apple tarts which were OK but not quintessentially French in my view.
Would have been better if the instructor had actually been French as well.
Refreshments and lunch provided.
On the day of the visit they had a featured pop up shop outside the entrance promoting whole grain food, lentils, edamame beans etc. — you get the picture. They proudly announced this would be our lunch.
How awful it was and despite my comments to the person in charge that I would like a choice of something else nothing was forthcoming— so I left feeling very hungry. Very disappointing as not everyone is a pulse and bean health freak and there should have been more choice available. Not enough soft drink options either for those who had to drive.
Overall could have been much better and for me did not justify its price tag of £100.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I go here a lot so I'm not just judging on 1 coffee, 1 breakfast etc. I can use several areas to get my drink and a seat and have found all to be great and they offer plenty of food options. Staff are pleasant and were very helpful when I once managed to spill my coffee as I went to put it down on a low table.
My latest visit was with my daughter for an early cake and coffee. both (x2) were lovely.
Looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank Moira R
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I've always found most Waitrose shops to be the same; clean, well presented with friendly staff. This Waitrose is no exception.

Today I took my 8 year old daughter to the cafe for lunch. They only had cheese sandwiches in the kids meals but my daughter wanted ham. I asked if they could change the sandwich and not only did they do so with a smile they made the ham sandwich fresh and delivered them to our table.

Great staff here make this a great place to visit for shopping, a bite to eat and/or the famous free coffee...

1  Thank Mark H