See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel in advance of staying for a night. It was a good price and had been recommended by a friend. So far so good but.... the room smelled of the smell of public toilets although it was clean as far as we could see. The decor was really dingy and made it even darker than it was as there was no direct light. So.... would we stay again maybe yes but no more than one night. If the room were lighter it would be so much better.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Stayed here for a Sunday night.Had a pleasant surprise at the standard.Large airy room.Very clean and comfortable.Could have paid much more elsewhere for a room of the same standard.Staff very friendly and welcoming.Loved the artwork!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret K
Reviewed 30 August 2016

lovely hotel, in walking distance to many shops and generally easy to get around.
the 2 extra beds required for the kids were mattresses on the floor, but as it was only for 2 nights, that was perfectly alright.
good sized rooms with nice bathrooms and nice amenities. Not sure if all rooms have A/C - ours luckily had, as it was very hot and without A/C it was have been hard to sleep.
breakfast selection was a bit limited but fresh and fine. would stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2016

We visited this venue yesterday and was very disappointed firstly it was busy but the fact is I as waiting at the bar to order food and drinks but not one member of staff acknowledged me or said they would b with me soon they just looked over and continued serving people at the front of the bar after 15 mins I asked a mate ber of staff if I waiting in the right place they said yes by which time there were several people behind me but after a further 15 minutes I gave up my husband then stopped another member of staff who was clearing glasses and asked how to get served and he just replied they were busy I feel very sad to write such a bad review on a weatherspoon pub but this was unacceptable we then left

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2016

When we arrived we were told where our room was, and was told by reception it was a little tricky to get too. We made our way there with our luggage and had to negotiate a long corriador with many fire doors which was fine but what we really objected to was the going upstairs going downstairs then up and down again it was a real challenge, we were not told about the great difficulties of getting to this room. My friend and I both had a few physical problems which made it worse and we really found it difficult. There was no offer of help and when we asked were told that due to health and safety they were not allowed to carry bags. The health and safety of their custormers are obviously of no importance. The room was very nice when we got there so that was something. Had we known about the access of this room I would not have booked it so make sure you are fit.
Breakfast at the hotel, twice we ordered something and they did not have it, we were there for 3 nights. We were offered a breakfast voucher on our last morning , we had already eaten, when we asked if we could use it in another wetherspoon pub we were told no. I could not access any WIfi despite asking why. no satisfaction there.

Room tip: Make sure you are fit. If you are not make sure they know it.
Date of stay: May 2016