1,738 results
All reviews lovely hotel mini bar sunday lunch car park q park club room multi storey standard room city centre great room cooked breakfast birthday treat reception staff bars and restaurants comfy bed checking out hotel bar
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

It was my husband’s birthday so despite only living 10 miles away we decided to have a night away in Leeds. I’d always fancied Malmaison and I’m so glad I booked it. Lovely old building with a trendy interior, great room, perfect location. On arrival we were greeted by Niamh on Reception. Friendly, welcoming and she knew about my husband’s birthday treat (had obviously read my notes when I’d booked!). When we got to our room there was a birthday card, and a voucher for two glasses of prosecco in the bar! A very nice gesture. We would certainly stay there again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Sara H, Deputy General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Sue

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your husbands birthday with us.

The team always pay particular attention to any special occasions and we try and make it even more special for you, in any way we can. I am so pleased Niamh was able to do this for you and i'll be sure to reward her for her excellent service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, maybe for your birthday?

Reviewed 7 August 2018

great hotel in the heart of leeds close to shops and bars 5 min walk away from the train station the service at reception was first class id made a mistake with my booking and the staff were amazing. the room is self was nice comfy beds nice bath everything was clean a we couldn't fault anything 5 star staff the staff really do make the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Hayley R

Many thanks for your great review. Thank you for mentioning the team, we think they are pretty great too.

Its wonderful to hear how the team leave a lasting great impression on our guests.

We look forward to seeing you back with us soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We stayed on a Friday night as part of a treat weekend for our 10th wedding anniversary and we were blown away by the staff, they were so friendly and made us feel so special.

The extra touches in the room were so heartfelt and we really appreciated them.
The room itself was fantastic, very comfortable bed, sky sports was a big surprise, huge bath room lovely coffee to name a few features.

We enjoyed a drink the bar before going out for a meal and really enjoyed the atmosphere and setting.

The building itself is beautiful and Malmaison is perfectly located for enjoying the city centre.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear joeysel

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled the team made your 10th anniversary so special, we pride ourselves on our people and we will make sure the whole team is rewarded.

We look forward to seeing you back for your 11th anniversary!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

The afternoon tea looked amazing but was actually very disappointing. The salmon bagels had obviously been frozen and not properly defrosted as the bread was stodgy, the cheesecake was more like a mousse and lacking any real flavour and the Bakewell tart was over baked and very crispy. The chicken slider and brownie were the nicest items. It certainly wasn’t terrible but I’ve had much nicer afternoon teas in Leeds which is disappointing especially as you would expect more from Malmaison.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Laura D

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry you were disappointed with our afternoon tea offering. Our afternoon tea is normally very popular with everything freshly prepared and I am sorry we did not deliver on this occasion.

We would very much like to see you back with us for a true Mal experience. Please do contact me direct at the hotel and I am sure we could win you over.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Location good
Room lovely
Restaurant don’t eat here couldn’t eat a piece of rubber chicken then tried to charge
for it
If you want a really nice breakfast go thro the front door and go straight across the road
Excellent breakfast £5.50

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Craig R, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear zack842,

Thank you for your review although a disappointing read.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the bedroom you stayed in and apologise for not meeting your expectation at dinner. This was flagged on our Duty Manager log and one of the team will be in touch to rectify.

Our breakfast buffet consists of the highest quality of product with a chefs table consisting of pastries, fresh fruits, yoghurts, compote, home made granola, cereals, juice's, cold cheese and meats. This can be followed by a hot plate, served a la carte, with all of the favourites; eggs benedict, eggs royale,smoked salmon and scrambled egg, waffles with banana and chocolate or bacon and syrup or our signature BIG Mal Breakfast. All of which is accompanied by unlimited tea, coffee and toast. I suppose it depends on preference but we believe this to be fantastic value and the only way to start your day.

The team and I do hope to welcome you back soon for a true Mal experience.

Best wishes,