All reviewscontinental breakfasta marco pierre white restaurantlocal dialectfree tea coffeestone rosesstayed herecity centregreat hotelfree bottles of waterking roomcar parkticket validatedwould stay againdiscounted parkinggreat showerperfect locationminute walk
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Love the Yorkshire theme! Lovely nights sleep and fantastic breakfast. We stayed in this hotel not long after it opened and were really impressed, however since then the prices have jumped right up which I feel is a bit extortionate. Such a shame as we visit Leeds every year for an event and would love to stay again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Jon H, Supervisor at Ibis Styles Leeds City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Good Evening,

Thank you for your feedback, all feedback is much appreciated and will be passed on to all members of the team.

We are pleased to hear your stay was satisfactory and all feedback on other areas will be taken into account when making improvements in the future. Thank you for helping make ibis Styles more guest friendly.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Location great, lovely comfortable hotel, continental breakfast...not a lot of choice, only there 1 night so not too bothered but what I don't understand is they charge £2 to store each case. As we arrived early, we paid it and went out and about. We were travelling with national holidays, therefore not leaving until 3pm the following day. Checked out and the hotel were going to charge a further £2 per case!!!! That's a lot of money made from a bus trip. So out of principle we took them with us, maybe would have taken 1 between us if we had known. Never known any other hotel to do this...they may all jump on the bandwagon now!!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My partner and I decided to stay at this lovely comfortable hotel in the centre of Leeds. We came to Leeds to enjoy Bananarama who was playing at the millennium square who was fantastic. The staff was so friendly and welcoming. A very friendly guy checked us in early even though we arrived before the time to check in thank you. The room was very impressive and we had such a comfortable night sleep. The continental breakfast was a great start for the day traveling back to Stockport. Thank you again

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony D
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Although the hotel looks very nice and modern (it is) but on a closer inspection....
The bathroom was soo small that you can just squeeze on the toilets, as the wall on one side and the shower on the other would be a struggle for anyone over a size 14....also the bathroom floor had not been swept and a hair in the sink (l am blonde and husband is greyish) so an inch long black hair definitely was not ours. But great location for bars and restaurants.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronda P
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Genuinely not worth the cheap price tag. There are plenty of other hotels in the area at the same cost or cheaper.
We booked this hotel as a stop over on the way home just needed somewhere cheap and clean for 1 night. I booked online via booking.com and was told at reception I had booked a twin room. I was surprised as I remember it taking me some time to find a double room because it was called a king on the system. However I accepted this could have been my error. I asked if they had a double available and I was advised there were none left. I was told they had a single room for 1 person but with a double bed after all the travelling we really didn't care and just wanted to sit down so we agreed and paid for the room which was the same price for the 'twin room' whilst all this was happening it was two separate people dealing with us and also trying to deal with someone else. Not great for either of us customers or very professional, I can't understand why one person couldn't deal with one customer?
Once we got up to the room it was very very small.. I looked online and booking.com was still advertising a king room. I phoned reception and was told this was an error at booking.com and she didn't have a room available as it needed cleaned. About 5 or 6 times she made reference to me making an error with the booking and that she had bent the rules rather than turn me away. Genuinely felt patronized and that I should be grateful for paying for a room that should be cheaper than what I thought I had booked? We also couldn't find a remote for the TV in the room but after the attitude from the front desk we decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
As a manager within customer service I was mortified at the way I was spoken to, I felt like they were doing what they could to avoid a complaint rather than to make the customer happy.. we were offered a free drink at the bar but it came with a sigh. I was talked over several times when trying to explain why I was frustrated and when I pointed this out I was told "There must be a delay on the phone because every time I open my lips it's silent" another system error that isn't your fault? Really ?
Having paid for breakfast we expected some sort of cooked option however it was just a very poor continental breakfast basically cereal and toast.
If it was me I would have cleaned the double room. Surely can't be that difficult to put clean towels and bedding in a room or I would have refunded the difference in room prices.We also weren't offered a parking validation at a reduced rate which we believed we would get as advertised online so it was an extra £15 for parking.

Moral of the story... book somewhere you know you will get good service. Budget hotel = Budget Service.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple