2,485 results
All reviews leisure facilities the verve victory bar an upper deck room white rose shopping centre club room sky tv great facilities coffee machine leisure club modern hotel walk in shower wet room excellent stay reception area excellent value for money self service
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Brilliant hotel staff and food..just let down by professional car robbers in the area. Cameras were checked police report filed but massive financial loss to husband and his company. Hotel managers and maintenance staff were fantastic and could not do enough for us. Would still stay here again but would be extra vigilant in the future

Trip type: Travelled on business
NalinD52, General Manager at Village Hotel Leeds South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Hope you both got back to Lockerbie ok.

Sorry again for what happened, we will continue to support the investigation & please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely hotel, service amazing especially Sue who was working in the restaurant. Lovely and chatty, very friendly and accommodating
Room nice and clean as well, breakfast good, beds comfy and hotel looks nice

Dear Emily

Thank you very much for taking time to write your review.

Its great to see that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your feedback to Sue, she has been with us for over 10yrs & is a fantastic asset to the team.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First impressions were of a very noisy and packed bar area full of football & rugby fans. Not the civilised place I was planning to have a drink before heading out. However on checking in and seeing our room on the top floor, I felt much happier as the room was really lovely. Big bed, comfy pillows, big TV, spacious, full length mirror, plug sockets in the right places & lovely floor to ceiling windows. Had a great nights sleep, massively helped by the black out blinds.

Things then went back downhill at breakfast where we had to wait for a table, then wait for hot food that they had run out of. Coffee & hot water for tea to make yourself, served in conference style pots that were just plonked on our table. Both were no longer hot. Not the standard I would expect.

The worst part of the stay was the member of staff on breakfast duty 11th November. A man in his 30s, with brown hair, glasses & wearing a hairband. We witnessed him arguing with a female member of staff infront of the bar whilst eating our breakfast followed by him swearing with the f word whilst talking to another member of staff. Absolutely disgusting and not something a customer should see or hear. This was all 5 - 10 minutes before the 2 minute silence for Remembrance Sunday. Made it all the more disrespectful that we couldn't watch the TV coverage in peace. We moved to the foyer TV to avoid hearing this man moaning and see his miserable face at such a memorable time for the whole nation. To be fair to him and all the other staff they did stop their work to observe the silence with us all.

All other aspects of check in, check out and Starbucks was great. Would I come back? Only if I had to for convenience.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NalinD52, General Manager at Village Hotel Leeds South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review.

I am pleased that you had a good nights sleep whilst staying with us.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues with breakfast. Let me assure you this is not the usual standard here @ my hotel. I am really dissapointed in the behavior of the staff which you had to witness & action has been taken to make it clear that this sort of behavior is absolutely unacceptable within our hotel.

I hope you do visit us again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have used this Village Hotel 2 or 3 times a year since it opened. We were immediately put off on arrival by the enormous TV screens in what used to be a restaurant. They have 4 surrounding a bar area and others around the room - one of which has several rows of cinema seats in front of it. The comfortable foyer sitting area has gone too. We were put in a room which was disability friendly so the wash handbasin was really low. I have no idea how someone in a wheelchair would get into that bed as it was so low, small and extremely uncomfortable, nothing like what the beds used to be. The base of the bed stuck out so far that I banged my shin on it twice. Breakfast was OK - fried eggs cooked to order rather than on the breakfast bar and tea bags and hot water provided for tea. Note to hotel - tea requires BOILING water. It would seem that Village facilities are catering for the local bar trade rather than the hotel guests and this will probably be our last visit. There was sputum in the lift - not the fault of the staff but surely I wasn't the only one to report it?

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review. We have recently completed the refurbishment of our entire ground floor area. This included the brand new Pub & Grill & the B Club facility . The Pub & Grill has been extremely popular & we have seen great upside in engagement from residents & locals both . I am dissapointed that you do not like the new look Food & Beverage space .

We do have some adapted bedrooms. I am sorry if this affected your stay, rooms are allocated automatically so please just let us know & we will change allocation wherever we can.

I do hope you visit us again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been at the Village South Leeds for the day. What a fantastic set of people who work in the ME section. Pleasant smiling staff who make you feel welcome, and who will bend over backwards to help you. I have been to a number of venues, but here today I felt like I was at home. Please say a very big thank you to all of your staff, big Christmas bonus for them all. It’s never easy working in the hotel trade, but your staff are a credit to the Village and your most important ambassadors of your business. A very big thank you

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting you review. I am really pleased that you had a productive event & we did our bit to ensure things went just as planned.

I have shared your feedback with the M&E team & least assured it will further motivate to them to continue providing great hospitality.

I hope we can host an event for you soon.