All reviews wedding reception evening buffet wedding venue function room bit dated room rate course meal buffet style stayed here for one night cooked breakfast tong leeds receptions disco
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is well situated for Leeds or Bradford. My room was comfortable and the bed was very good. It was clean and The towels were of a decent size. The
restaurant was fairly quiet when we ate. We had a starter and a main. It was well presented and one of the best steaks I have had. It was perfectly cooked and of good quality. All the staff were friendly, efficient and attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Some parts of the hotel need updating but don't let this put you off. It's in a lovely location , convenient for Leeds or Bradford .
I will stay here again when next in the area.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Id read the reviews so knew what hotel might be like. Under new ownership and clearly work is being done. Room needs tlc especially bathrooms. They are clean just matured. Carpets are well worn - broadly everywhere. Staff very good. Loads of parking.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Hello Shaldon07,

I welcome your thoughts and thank you for making us a part of this trip to Leeds. We take the extra step to make sure your experience will not be compromised despite what is currently underway. I'm sorry for the the not-so pleasing atmosphere projected by the bathrooms adn carpet condition.

Despite the setbacks, it made me smile that we have served you well and the parking hassle free. Reviews such as this help us find ways to improve and opportunities to develop. I took all the necessary steps to bring this to our management's attention to find ways of correcting the areas that came up short. I wish nothing more but to be able to host you again once our make-over is complete. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGServic

Reviewed 17 April 2018

A lovely unusual HI as it is an old building with added extensions and lovely grounds. Being in the countryside it is quiet and good for a romantic break or Wedding. We had the one night whilst visiting friends in Leeds and going to a concert at the Arena which is only 20 mins drive away. The hotel is showing some signs of wear and tear, but is being refurbished so this should make quite a difference once completed. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful and our room was very nice and comfortable, the TV didn't work well (although this is not an issue unless you were staying for a while) and the safe didn't work and was not even fixed to anything, however this maybe part of the refurbishment. Our biggest disappointment was breakfast and maybe this was because the hotel did not have many guests, the layout was very uninviting and minimalistic. The cooked breakfast was fine and the service typical Yorkshire (this from a Lancastrian) pleasant and friendly. Overall a good place to stay

Room Tip: Ground floor No. 10 is an Exec room, quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2018

There are mixed reviews on the site but speak as you find we thoroughly enjoyed our night in the hotel. It was midweek and very quiet.Staff were excellent from check-in to bar to restaurant. At one time this must have been an impressive hotel. An older commanding looking building not like normal new Holiday Inns.It is in need of updating but don't be put off it was very good. Bar prices are reasonable ,dinner good and probably the best cooked breakfast we've had at a 'chain' hotel. Plenty of parking and caters for the disabled visitor with lifts etc.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

As nights in holiday inns go this has to be one of the worse. Arriving late there was an event on with the bar and lounge area looking like a war zone. Fortunately and excellent pub just down the road provided sanctuary. On returning to the hotel and getting back to my room I found the corner of the bed wet as the sprinkler was leaking... Joy. Eventually getting to sleep awoken at twenty to two by the fire alarm then again fifteen minutes later. I learned the following morning this was due to kids setting it off. The hotel clearly has issues and is a disappointment.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Louise W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Mr HallEvans,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford on Monday 5th March 2018.

I am sorry that you were met with an extremely busy Hotel due to an Event in one of the Function rooms and that as a subsequence, you felt the need to go to the local Pub. Whilst the Event was in the Courtyard Restaurant, we did have the Village Inn open for all of our Hotel residents, of which a number did stay in to drink and dine.

With regards to the leak in your room, I again can only apologise for this. It was not something that had been noticed earlier on in the day and had it have been, you would not have been allocated this room.

I am sorry about the Fire Alarms being sounded, however we do need to treat all alarms as emergencies and have a procedure to follow.

As a regular stay guest at the Hotel, I do hope that the gestures given to you went some way to appeasing the situation and I hope that I can look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford in the near future.

Yours sincerely,