“Large party of 35-40”

Akbar's Cafe
Ranked #386 of 804 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Akbar's Cafe do traditional Indian food along with great steaks, pastas, lasagnes, salmon and a huge selection of desserts and ice creams mmmmm
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My mum booked a surprise party for me, let’s just say we were waiting around for them to sort out chairs and tables for 1hr 30mins!
Humiliating my mum in front of all our guests by calling her a liar saying you only booked for 30-35!

My mum is partially deaf so she records ALL her calls and we have proof that she said 35-40 not 30-35.

Forget all of that we said 30-35 they said? Well they only gave us 27 chairs to start off with

Absolutely horrible customer service!
No water jugs, poppadoms or even blinking chutneys on the tables!
We were given around 8 menus between the lot of us.

Kids were crying of hunger, we asked for some poppadoms and were ignored!

We all ended up leaving after the waiters wouldn’t even call a manager for us to speak to!!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I visited Cafe Akbars on 21/04/18 around midnight. I am a regular customer and the customer service was fantastic. There was a slight mess up with my order where the parmesan wasn't given but the duty manager came himself apologised and sorted the matter out. He couldn't have been more helpful, he went above and beyond his duty to make sure the rest of our meal went smoothly. The customer service he gave was legendary. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great. Highly recommend to everyone.

1  Thank SafKausar
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for my dad's 45th birthday and despite booking a table we still had to wait 10 minutes for our table, however, we weren't too bothered about this.

Once we placed our order, the kids were served their meals almost straight away the rest of us 6 hungry adults had to wait just under an hour for ours.

The food arrived and the presentation was awful. We were also served chips dripping in oil and a stir fry thrown on to a plate the size of a shoe box.

Finally, it came to the surprise birthday slice of cake. It took them 20 minutes to serve one slice of cake. When the waiter came in with the cake the lights were dimmed and the birthday music they usually play was on the lowest volume you can possible imagine and he smacked the plate on to the edge of the table in front of my younger cousin when the birthday man himself was sat elsewhere on the table.

I'm actually appalled at the service and food was to such a low standard.

Its definitely over priced if that's the rubbish we're paying for

Reviewed 13 April 2018

First thing to make sure is you don't get confused between Cafe Akbars, and Akbars, they're on the same road but completely different places.
I ordered the steak which was a large portion, came with mash, pasta, grilled veg and potatoes, so very carby! Pasta was simply okay, but the rest was delicious. I ordered my steak medium but it was overcooked, but still tasted okay. Service was fast even though they were busy and the atmosphere was very good. Decor lovely, very instagram-y!
We ordered various deserts from their dessert menu, but the main dishes were better.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Service is getting better but still massive room for improvement, management hasn’t got a clue but food is good so coming back

Date of visit: March 2018