“SUP rescue and safety course”
Review of Tj Board Hire

Tj Board Hire
Ranked #1 of 19 Tours in Chichester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Glide down the stunning Chichester canal while gaining excellent tuition, let your mind relax and unwind in a beautiful location. Book a two hour guided tour on the canal using the latest inflatable paddle boards, just bring a towel and leave with a smile.
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Wow what an amazing company if I could give more than a 5 star rating I would. Tony and Gemma are amazing at what they do, they are both friendly and make you feel relaxed immediately. This course is very informative as well as hands on. We learnt so much about equipment, clothing and what to do in certain situations. They get everyone involved both mentally and physically. I highly recommend everyone who is into SUP to go on this course. We feel really confident to travel and try out different places with our boards armed with everything we have been taught.

Tony C, Owner at Tj Board Hire, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Thankyou Mel for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate this positive feedback. We are so glad that you valued the safety course and learnt some new information to help equip you for some unexpected eventualities.

All reviews
"three hours"
"birthday present"
"all ages"

Reviewed 29 August 2018

A few of us from Shoreham Harbour SUP group came along to a safety & rescue session run by Gemma & Tony at TJ Boardhire. It was very informative and great fun. I can highly recommend that anyone new to SUP should do this session. Looking forward to getting out on the water with our group and passing on the new skills we have learnt ! Thanks guys.

Thankyou Jo for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate it and are glad that you found the safety and rescue session helpful and that you are passing on the skills to others paddlers. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

T J Boardhire gave us a lovely 2 hours lesson in SUP boarding and we were standing and paddling up the Chichester canal within 30 minutes!Gemma and Tony are patient and knowledgeable teachers and we can see how you can get hooked on this sport with lots more to learn and more adventures ahead. We loved it and can't wait to go again.
Simon

Tony C, Owner at Tj Board Hire, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thankyou so much Simon for this kind review, you both did brilliantly and were a pleasure to teach. We look forward to welcome you back in the future for more paddleboard adventures.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Myself and my two teen children had a wonderful 2 hour paddle boarding lesson with Tony. As complete novices we were a little nervous, fully expecting to spend some time in the canal. As it turned out Tony is an excellent instructor , calm, positive , and encouraging . We all had a brilliant time and managed to stay out the wet stuff and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. After learning the basics on our journey along the canal we were all really pleased with how we progressed and managed to have some races and play tag with each other on the boards ! Both myself and my children will definitely be paddle boarding in the future thanks to our great experience today .

Tony C, Owner at Tj Board Hire, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a fantastic review. We are so glad you enjoyed your paddleboarding lesson on the Chichester Canal.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 August 2018

I felt a little daunted going on my own for an intro lesson but Gemma was so friendly and engaging. I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. Despite being in my late sixties, with Gemmas guidance I was soon up on my feet and paddling. Various techniques taught to help with improving stability and safety. This is definitely an activity for all ages and I will certainly be back with some of my family and friends.

Tony C, Owner at Tj Board Hire, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thankyou Jo for taking the time to write this kind review, we really do appreciate this. You did brilliantly in your session and we and hope to see you again soon.