All reviews car park priory park festival theatre lovely hotel top floor pre theatre dinner third floor bar and restaurant the general manager public rooms single room white company toiletries boutique hotel set menu breakfast was included chichester harbour high street
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in an excellent position for the town and does have a small car park.
We had our usual problem pre ordering man made duvet and pillows two of four pillows were there but not the duvet. When we checked the topper it only had a top sheet and not a cover as you would expect, you could see marks on the topper through the sheet, the mattress didn’t have a cover and was badly stained. The duty manger was called, he agreed that it was unacceptable but could not garentee that changing to another room would fix the problem but he did agree to get another sheet on the topper.
The superior room had a very small bath room with no heated towel rail. The rooms are not very warm but at least a fan heater had been provided.
The staff in the restaurant on the first night friendly efficient and a joy to be served by the second night slow. The second breakfast was chaotic The standard of food is just ok and a long way short of fine dining reflected in the price.
The lift is quirky, we used the stairs when we didn’t have luggage to carry. On our homeward trip we couldn’t get the lift to work at all and had to struggle down with our cases.
We have now stayed at the Harbour Hotels of Christchurch, Bristol, and Chichester, I am now coming to the conclusion that the deals are not worth the money. The senior managements decision to spend so much on the public rooms at the expense of guests comfort seems strange.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
ChichesterOne, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Martin R,
Thank you for sharing your point of view on Trip Advisor.
We do apologize if your experience at our hotel, did not fully met your expectations, and be assured that your concerns have been passed on to the staff and management.
Our ongoing effort for amelioration is a key element for providing excellent customer service at any time.
Please, do not hesitate to let us know of your next visit in Chichester as it would be for us a great opportunity to change your opinion about our property.
With Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel was well presented in a central location within a short walking distance to the Chichester festival theatre. Our stay went well until breakfast. We were shown to a table then it went down hill. There was no fruit juice and little remaining continental breakfast. We asked and were told refills were on there way but didn't materialise. We had to ask for a cooked breakfast menu but waited 20 minutes before having to ask for someone to take our order. By this time we were so far behind schedule that we had to forego breakfast. I mentioned it to the receptionist at checkout and they gave a half hearted apology. Such a shame as it's a nice hotel.

1  Thank KD250285
DirectionCHI, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear KD250285,

Thank you for your detailed feedback of your stay. I sincerely regret you left our establishment with a negative feeling after your breakfast experience, I will make sure to oversee the morning services myself with the breakfast team. With my renewed apologies as your stay wasn’t up to your expectations, I hope to have the pleasure to host you once more. Until then, please accept my

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for new year and I can only sing the praise of the staff who were incredibly caring and friendly. A special thanks to the cigar smoking manager and his deputy Michael who made us feel special. My wife’s mother had died the previous day and while the show must go on , she was a bit tender and the staff went out of their way to look after her. A very big thank you. Yes there were little things that I could point out like the failure to provide toast on the first day or the failure to provide a paper despite ordering on check in...but these are irrelevant to the caring that was provided . Thank you.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Barker,

When we receive such a feedback like yours, we cannot help but feel immensely proud of our teams of passionate hotelier staff. In the name of my Team i would like to thank you for spending your New Years Eve with us and for your wonderfully flattering and encouraging comments, our personnel continue on with their missions with enhanced vitality and enthusiasm. I apologise for the papers, our supplier did let us down in the middle of the festive season, we'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Naturally, we wait for the pleasure of your intended future visit to our unique hotel, our humidor is always filled with treasure.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Harbour Hotel for one night - 19th December 2017. On arrival we found we had been upgraded to the 'cottage'. This is a four room cottage attached to the hotel but not directly part of it. Everything about the cottage was perfect. If we have to complain it is probably that the stairs are a little steep, We could have had our meals in the cottage, but chose to eat in the hotel restaurant. The meals matched the accommodation, excellent. We intend to stay again and would recommend this hotel to any potential visitor.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob835

Dear Bob835,
Thank you for your review of our beautiful the Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa.
When we receive such feedback like yours, we cannot help but feel immensely proud of our teams of passionate hotelier staff. I would like to thank you for coming to discover our beautiful property and I also wish to let you know how happy and grateful we all are to know of your satisfaction with our hospitality.
Naturally, we wait for the pleasure of your intended future visit at the Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We stayed overnight during the Christmas week for I night. We had booked the bed breakfast and dinner allowance option, fortunately not at full price. It was supposedly meant to be a delux double room. I'm shocked that the harbour group would allow a hotel with bedrooms in such a sorry state. Everything apart from the wardrobe seemed really shabby and tatty. The bathroom was dated, with the added bonus of hairs all over the tiles and in the bath!
As for the bed....... two singles pushed together with a disgustingly ill fitting piece of foam over the top, please see attached photo.
When I mentioned this on checking out, apparently most beds are like this!!
Downstairs was very different, very sleek as you'd expect of a harbour hotel.
Reception staff were friendly as were the bar staff.

The restaurant where we ate that night were extremely slow, even though it was not anywhere near full. they bunched couples up close by each other with many empty tables spaced around. It took from being seated to served our starter a good fifty minutes. Breakfast was equally slow with not taking breakfast order to not bringing toast as requested, we didn't push for the toast as we realised it would be a long wait.
I would have to say, having stayed at other harbour hotels, this is one I would not recommend to anyone. Pull your socks up harbour chain and bring this hotel in line with others, you can't get away with where the hotel is forever.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 20 it's not very nice.
3  Thank nadia a

Dear nadia a,

Thank you for staying with us in our historical hotel and for the candid feedback. First of all, kindly accept our heartfelt apologies for the inconveniences you experienced whilst visiting us, and thank you for your compliments on the front team. Although we cannot turn back the clock, we sincerely hope that you give us the benefit of another visit. Best regards,