“Pleasantly surprised after reading some reviews”

Earnley Butterflies Birds and Beasts
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

My daughters are absolutely obsessed with butterflies so I've been thinking of taking them here for a while. After reading some of the reviews on here I wasn't expecting much but it was actually very pleasant. Perhaps a bit on the expensive side but the butterfly room was absolutely teeming with big beautiful butterflies and some that landed on us and flew around our heads it was a pretty special experience. My daughter's were so excited they had good fun. Then exploring the gardens, museum, reptile house and feeding the small animals was good too. We didn't spend very long here so I wouldn't say it's a whole day out, hence why it seems expensive, but it was an experience that I'm glad we visited.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"revamp"
"stroke"

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

I had been looking forward to bringing my daughter here because she absolutely loves butterflies and we had been talking about it for days beforehand. I had read a few mixed reviews but I wish I had paid more attention to the bad ones.

The butterfly garden itself was OK. We saw quite a few butterflies and my daughter kept wanting to go back there - which is obviously a positive. However, there wasn’t much else I could say that was favourable.

The reptile house looked almost abandoned. We saw one lizard and that was about it. The turtle pool (I don’t know it’s officially name) looked stagnant and murky and we didn’t see ANY turtles at all.

The animal avenue was much the same: just a lot of empty hutches and cages.

The nostalgia museum was a little odd and being the only people in there, it felt rather creepy. And the crazy gold, although we didn’t use it, looked like it had seen better days.

The whole place needed a blooming good clean and a bit of TLC.

5  Thank Flippidygibbit
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Probably one of the worst places that I have visited. The butterflies are housed in a very small badly maintained greenhouse and there was hardly any butterflies. There are a few other animals also housed in areas that need a lot of updating. For what you got it was very expensive to go in and then after you have paid your entrance, they want to charge you even more money to play a game of crazy golf on an old dilapidated course! I would not recommend anyone to visit this place. I would love to see a charity for rescued animals take it over and make it into a nice place to visit and support rescued animals.

1  Thank suzie392018
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Whilst they care for abandoned animal they site is not up to expectations for the entry fee. Good size car park, limited cafe, no butterflies play area poor.

2  Thank 688timothy