1,488 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2016

Stayed 3 nights with no problems. Location is fantastic for visiting attractions. Room was very spacious and comfy enough. Staff were fine. Would stay here again, only thing is the noise at night being near the bus station.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Second visit, decor now much improved. Staff very helpful. Roomy bar downstairs, comfortable but little used. Popular happy-clappy church service Sunday morning is noisy but everyone very good-natured.

Room Tip: Room 407 faces the Transport Museum and the Plaza - probably the best view you'll get. Roomy, extra chairs.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soo_and_Tom
Reviewed 2 May 2016

When we arrived there was a stink from the public toilets.
Room was clean and the bed comfy but some tidemark stains on the chair.
Tea and coffee makings cheap and unpleasant.
Didn't book breakfast. One of three lifts working and full of pensioners.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Booked this hotel as central, great location. On checking in we found the receptionist unwelcoming. She gave us a room on 6th floor. When we got into room, there was a musty smell. Decor was dated & stained. When we looked in bathroom, the floor was flooded. We went down to reception & informed the same receptionist, she offered no apologies & just gave us another room. When we got into this room it also had a musty smell, lampshades missing, curtains hanging off. We could not have a shower as temperature control was broken, water was red hot. The televisions in this hotel look like they are from the 1970s. We originally booked for 8 nights. We demanded a refund for the next 7 nights, they obliged. We would not normally be as scathing about a hotel, but this place is awful. Booked into the Days Hotel Holyhead Rd for the remainder of our stay. Total opposite, friendly staff, clean room, slightly cheaper & you get a continental breakfast included.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms& they were both awful
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Y9625PProbd
Reviewed 28 April 2016

I should have asked before I booked. This is one of the few UK hotels that allow guests to smoke in designated rooms (on the top floor). My first room was situated one floor below and despite assurances that there should be no smell, there was. I believe it was coming from the next door (non-smoking) room, with someone smoking out of the window, so I reported it. The manager was very helpful and got me re-housed one floor lower, but by the time he'd arrived the smell in the room and the corridor had subsided. I had a better room however it was noisy with only single glazing. I had a decent sleep nevertheless - with the earplugs in. Wi-fi only available in public areas and smoking in the front entrance despite the no-smoking signs. It really could do with a decent clean (inside and outside) and a makeover. Not a bad price, solidly built and centrally located but more suited for coach trips and contractors accommodation overall. Premier Inn for me next time.

Room Tip: Top floors for smokers
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo