1,373 results
All reviews the main house lovely hotel wedding venue black pudding lovely grounds restaurant manager bar prices executive room wedding reception lovely room cooked breakfast weekend break breakfast was excellent evening meal afternoon tea one night stay car park
Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

We arrived in the evening and parking for the disabled was poorly signposted. I called and managed to get through and was told where to park - great. We were parked outside the bedroom block which is away from the main hotel. I had to then go over to the main hotel in my mobility scooter and wait outside a fire exit until someone came and let me in as there are steps only at the main entrance. Thankfully it was not raining. How humiliating as it is right outside the dining room. After check in it was back to the bedroom block via the fire exit. The room itself was adequate, bathroom well equipped with disability aids, though there were a few suspect hairs on the floor. We asked for a bucket of ice delivered swiftly.
Dinner/breakfast was over the main building so I had to endure the walk of shame on a couple of more occasions. The food was good.
Now had I known these issues and the fact we were also next to the entertaining room where there was a wedding party ongoing, which then kept us awake till gone 1am I would not have booked.
All in all I was sorely disappointed as it was not a cheap option.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Trudster
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

Dear Trudster, thank you for your review.I was most concerned to read your comments, as the issues raised are certainly not in keeping with the standards, quality and Guest care normally associated with our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls experienced on this occasion. If you would like to contact me at the Hotel directly, I would be more than happy to discuss your comments further for me to action and share with the rest of the team.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Stayed here for one night on a sunday in November. It was nice and quiet and we had a great sleep. The bed was outstanding.

The breakfast, included for us, was really top class. Everything you would want.

Room Tip: We were in the Stockton Annex, which was lovely
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear AJP77, Thank you for your review.As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit, time and time again. We look forward to extending you a warm welcome back in the near future at Macdonald Ansty Hall

Reviewed 15 November 2015

A lovely place to stay - lovely rooms, good food, fabulous staff. The main house is very much a country house, very comfortable and elegant. Set in lovely grounds. The staff are very friendly and coul not be more helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms in the main house. No 30 a bit noisy as above kitchen
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol P

Dear Carol P, Thank you once again for your wonderful review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your 6th stay with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

There were not enough towels and trying to get this sorted was difficult. No answer from reception. The quiet area by the bar was filthy. Someone had wiped their nose on the wall and it had not been cleaned. Not a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank andrewfR7190VM

Dear andrewfR7190VM, Thank you for your review. I was very disappointed toread your comments as the issues raised in terms of cleanliness are certainly not in keeping with the standards normally associated with our hotel, please accept my sincere apologise for the those issues. I have asked my head house keeper to review and action your feedback. I do hope this will not deter you fom considering revisiting us in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

We held our wedding breakfast and reception at Ansty Hall on 16th October this year. We cannot thank all of the staff at Ansty Hall for making our day so perfect! From the planning, organisation and comminication in the months leading upto the wedding to the big day itself. Everything ran so smoothly and all our guests had the best time! The food was amazing and every single member of staff was incredible! The bridal suite and all of the rooms were of high standard. We were so well looked after and on behalf of my new husband, myself and all of our guests we would like to thank Ansty Hall for the special memories we now have for a lifetime! Wish we could do it all over again!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Lauramul, Thank you for your review. What a wonderful review of your wedding day, we truly appreciate your comments and the team will appreciate it as well. We are so proud of being part of this special day and we hope to welcoming you back soon at Macdonald Ansty Hall.