2,123 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2017

This is probably the worst hotel I've ever had the miss fortune to stay in. Do not be taken in by the lovely pictures on the website, this is a very tiered and sorry state of a hotel. The front of house staff are doing their best , but when you have a place that size you don't stand a chance. It's dirty, we had to get house keeping in twice to sort the room out, breakfast was un worldly yuck. Mouldy ceilings, cracked tiles, ruffed up carpet, nackerd beds. Don't bother with this hotel it's dreadful.

Room Tip: If there is a good room we didn't have it
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

can't give it a 0 -
The only nice thing to say was the lovely receptionist - who was constantly apologising !
Sad really how deceptive photographs can be!
Anyway a lesson learned will not book again last minute -

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JE0469
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I liked the hotel. Our bed was comfy, room 167, and the food, especially breakfast was very good. There was reasonable choice unless you are vegetarian.
The seating in the tiny dining room was chaotic, not enough tables for people to sit with their friends, not enough room between tables to move and far too hot! There were air conditioners, set to fan, but only by the servery.
Why could we not have had a bigger room or been allowed to eat in the bar?

The bar staff did a fine job behind the bar but even though there were a few of them no one collected empty glasses. We has 2-4-1 drinks which was great and a perk of our tour operator I think.

The outside area had a smoking area that seemed to have no one designated to empty ash trays! The ashtrays got filled with salad bits somehow and this attracted wasps. It should be done every hour or so really.

Basically the hotel needs more staff, then the restaurant could be run in a more user friendly way and the cleaning up would get done. But I long ago realised that the more you pay the more staff you get per head and you pay very little to stay here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Stayed here three nights 14th July to 16th our room was fine nothing fancy decor ok t.v. ok bathroom good lots of hot water .We here other people say thier room had thread bear carpets and marks on the wall and curtains marked .Food breakfast good value and as much as you want, evening meal ok nothing great .Bar ok not to dear and no entertainment .or anywhere to go near by pool looked ok but closed very early in the evening as did gym .

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank ross g
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My wife and I travelled here with Caledonian Travel for a 4 day tour of Oxford,the Cotswolds and Stratford upon Avon.The tour and the driver of our coach were great and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Our experience at the hotel was mixed.Our bedroom was comfortable, although the bathroom was dated with cracked panels and clearly in need of refurbishment.The public areas of the hotel are impressive and well maintained.The gardens are also extensive and attractive.Our main complaint was the food.We found the arrangements for breakfast and dinner were chaotic and dis organised.The food was edible but I could not put it any higher than that.The desserts were tinned fruit salad and some dried up cakes.The vegetables were clearly frozen and over cooked.I know they were catering for 5 coach parties but I feel a little more effort could have ben made.We paid a very reasonable price for this holiday ,so we were not expecting too much but I just feel that a little more effort could have gone into the catering and its organisation. The hotel is OK if you are not staying too long.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple