Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/05/21
Expedia.comUS$78
PricelineUS$78
eDreamsUS$77
All reviews university campus city centre car park training course decent size stayed here for one night lovely room yogurt facilities tesco
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2020

In these difficult times I booked this Hotel for 6 night due to work in the area.
On arrival I was told there was no services ( restaurant was closed, no housekeeping) available except for breakfast.
A microwave was offered to me in the reception area to heat a meal or I could get a take away.
Sitting in my room that night eating from a plastic bowl some tasteless heated up dinner I bought in a supermarket with a plastic knife and fork, I decide I couldn't do this for the next 6 nights and would leave the following day.
That morning I discussed my issue with reception and fully understood where I was coming from the Hotel give me a full refund. Excellent service.
I fully understand during this pandemic that hotels are following rules and regulations.
My room was clean and very comfortable the staff were outstanding and incredible helpful and under normal circumstances would have stayed there no problem.
The only remark I would have is that maybe they should have mentioned the limited service on their website.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tiedy123
Reviewed 7 October 2020

I stayed 5 nights at this hotel and was absolutely outstanding the trim was really nice and clean with COVID precautions in place and the staff are so friendly it was unreal a lady called Steph was on reception and she went out of her way to make sure my stay was amazing, thank you

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Ryan Beckett, Marketing at Conference Aston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Dear Ben,

Thank you for your time and leaving us feedback on your most recent visit.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit during your stay. Our team go above and beyond to ensure all guests are well looked after and have a 1st class experience here at Conference Aston and we are glad to read you found our team to be friendly and helping to contribute towards you having an amazing stay.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,
Conference Aston

Reviewed 11 March 2020

Upon arrival the hotel is very well decorated and modern, exactly what you expect from a 4* establishment. There are two places to eat which are reasonable. The receptionist on arrival was reasonably polite although didn’t have any enthusiasm in her customer service.
The room is a decent size, well decorated and the bathroom lovely also.
This is where the good points end.
The bed is solid. Much like laying on a wooden table. The pillows were thin and solid too. I tried everything to get to sleep, laying on top of the duvet, rolling my pillows in half to plump them etc. I couldn’t. Staff were banging around in the staff lift at all hours and the sound proofing between floors and adjoining rooms is so bad you might as well share the room with the people either side of you.
I explained the appalling situation and sleep I had to reception in the morning who told me the mattresses are new so that can’t be right. I was shocked that she was implying I was making it up! Never the less she told me she would ask the maids to put a mattress topper on for me and get new pillows. I was happy with this solution.
I got back and nothing had changed apart from new pillows. The new pillows were great and should be in every room as an option. Nothing was done with the bed. I laid down and tried so hard to get comfortable but couldn’t so went to reception once again. I was told that I was a princess and that there was nothing left to do apart from pile up lots of duvets to lay on, but perhaps it wouldn’t work as clearly in like the princess and the pea. I was incredibly hurt and appalled by this comment and decided to leave as I explained that it wasn’t safe for me to have no sleep for a second night and drive 4 hours home the next day.
Upon emailing management I was told that they did all that they could and dealt with me in the correct way and that I wouldn’t be entitled to any money back for the night I didn’t stay or the disturbed night sleep that I attempted to have.
I will never stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

Clean, excellent value, breakfast high standard. Super smart room overlooking courtyard garden. Used the 100 year old grade II listed pool next door at Aston uni for free as part of my stay. Short safe walk or 2 min cab to city centre nightlife and attractions. Staff really helpful. Saw old friends and colleagues. Lovely old style craft beer pub next door called the “sacks of potatoes”

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Shannhouse
Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

I stayed here this week for a training course. The facilities were first class, clean and extremely tidy. The food throughout was amazing, though sometimes the breakfast was a little warm, expected with a buffet. The only small issue, my bed was essentially two single beds pushed together, though this didn't upset my stay.. One final shout out to the bar staff, I forget their names. One lad, I believe was Spanish, he was in training, cracking job, and another lad. Not sure on his name, I believe he may also been Spanish, but he couldn't be any more helpful..

Date of stay: February 2020