Lowest prices for your stay
US$95
Expedia.comUS$94
FindHotelUS$83
Hotels.comUS$94
1,136 results
All reviews opposite house kitchen area small kitchen one bedroom suite home from home new street station city centre self catering hot drinks comfy bed fantastic location train station great shower buffet breakfast reception staff fire alarm corporation
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2020 via mobile

I regularly travel and have to stay over in the Midlands and have found that the Staybridge Suites is my lodging of choice. The location is pretty good as it's close to many bars, restaurants and shops and has numerous car parks, bus routes and the train station nearby.

I've only stayed here during and after lockdown so I've not yet experienced the hotel at it's prime, however I have found the service and comfort excellent even in these restricted times. I personally love the fact that I can prepare my own food at my leisure and convenience which is perfect for me.

A special mention to Ana Maria who checked me in on my first visit and a few times since and who I have seen carrying out tasks all over the hotel without complaint and with a smile! It's quite clear the whole team go the extra mile for their guests which is the biggest reason why I will continue to return again and again!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2020

My aunty had booked me into Staybridge Suites Birmingham for 3 nights using her reward points (this is allowed according to IHG reservations), my name was added under the "Additional Guest" field. I arrived late to the hotel and proceeded to check in.

I was asked for the name under which the reservation was made, I confirmed my aunties name and mentioned that my name was also in the booking. He then asked me for government issued ID, I showed him my passport - This was the first time ever I have been asked for government issued ID whilst staying in hotels within the UK (being a frequent traveller, I have stayed in many hotels).

He then informed me that I was NOT ALLOWED TO CHECKIN because my aunty was not with me despite my name being on the booking. He said she would have to send an email, this was around 10pm saying I be allowed to stay. I then asked to speak to the manager who confirmed that I would not be allowed to checkin under the booking despite my name being on the booking. I also asked if I could contact member services and if they stated I am allowed to checkin would that be honoured, they both implied "we are running this place and don't care".

I offered for them to pre-authorise an amount for the whole stay from my credit card, I also offered to be allowed to checkin for 1 night and return in the morning to sort this out; as I was extremely shattered. He said I could only stay if I made a NEW RESERVATION. I asked him what about the cancellation of the previous booking so that the points can be returned, he said a full refund will be provided, due to COVID-19 rules are currently relaxed. However, he stated that he was unable to cancel the stay, which could only be done by IHG member services. I told them that they had made me feel extremely unwelcome, they did nothing to make things better.

I made a new reservation for 1 night and checked into the room.

I arrived in my room and called IHG member services whom again confirmed that I should be allowed to checkin. I told them what had happened, whom then said that the first night will be chargeable to cancel the reservation. I then asked them to contact the front desk, finally they agreed to a full refund. After which, I called the front desk again to tell them. The night-manager said that he was not bothered about me complaining. It feels like the 2 men were subcontractors who don't care about the business. They told me that they have had people book under others name and committed fraud. Does it really mean that you drop your standards if you had fraud and think every brown person is going to rob you?

Nothing was sorted in the night and they asked me to speak to the morning colleagues.

In the morning, I was met by an extremely nice lady who helped me in all aspects of my stay from breakfast to late checkout. As well as making the gym available to myself and arranging a meeting with the guest relations manager. The guest relations manager and her colleague at reception were extremely professional well mannered and well trained. The manager arranged a full refund for the 1 night stay to try and put things right. In light of this I would consider staying at this property again however the 2 men working on nights need to be retrained.

Date of stay: August 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2020

Hello WebAgent007,

Providing the best hotel experience begins with excellent service. It has always been our pleasure to assist our guests in whatever way we can. We appreciate your feedback as this will be our source in improving the service we provide to our valuable guests like you. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with how your reservation was handled by our night staff. This is not the experience we want you to have. Rest assured that this issue will be looked into. I am just glad that our Guest Relations Manager at the hotel was able to make things right. I have shared your comment with our Hotel Management for review and the necessary improvements needed on our end.

I hope we get the chance to serve you again and create a better experience for you in the future.

Warm thoughts,

Deborah R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 August 2020

I love this place, its clean, away from the noise, the staff are lovely.
The Room is absolutely lovely, its a real home from home.
It's great to be able to cook my own food so its perfect for the independent traveler.
I would definitely recommend it and will certainly be returning.

Reviewed 8 August 2020

We were moved to the Staybridge as the boiler had broken in our booked hotel. The staff were delightful and organised taxis for us to get to our booked restaurant half a mile away. The room was very clean with a kitchen area. The aircon was very efficient and quiet. For anyone wishing to stay in the centre of the city this is an ideal location.

1  Thank Sue H
Reviewed 4 August 2020

We stayed here for a weekend break and I cannot rave enough about it. Upon arrival we were greeted really well, hand sanitiser and track and trace sorted effortlessly. Rooms were both upgraded (we were a party of 4), offered 4 drinks on the house for being Aspire Elite customers also. They also saved us half price on the parking too.

Our rooms were huge, separate bedroom and lounge / diner with a really good bathroom. Everything you would need in the kitchen area, super clean and really well laid out. Plenty of coat hangers in the wardrobe also, and a well working air conditioning system.

None of us could find any fault with these apartments and cannot wait to come back and stay again. To say the service was excellent was an understatement and I wish other IHG hotels took this establishment as its flag ship as to how customers should be greeted and looked after.

Date of stay: July 2020