2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$83
Expedia.comUS$83
PricelineUS$83
eDreamsUS$83
TravelocityUS$83
Trip.comUS$83
6,836 results
All reviews broad street two double beds costa coffee car park symphony hall bars and restaurants night life brindley place lovely hotel excellent location central location business trip would stay again self service saturday night reception staff one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2020 via mobile

Recently returned from a 2 day stay , never saw any staff cleaning or wiping any areas when public might have touched ,people sat or stood in public areas with no mask on, no body challenged to put masks on, our room was very good comfy bed nice shower , breakfast in a bag ,you could also get a bit sandwich to take back to your room, car parking was expensive over £14. pounds for 24 hours ,this cost should be free.when you are staying in the hotel ,overall a nice hotel but put off by the parking charges

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Antony Hazel, Other at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2020

Hello Y6138BSstephenb

Thank you for your review, i'm sad to see that we did not respond to your expectations as we would have wished to do so. Rest assured this is not a typical example of the way in which we operate our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 13 October 2020

Stayed Saturday and Sunday nights. Parking price was a shock at 14.50 a night. Reception staff were plenty and efficient but re covid they had plenty of hand sanitizer but many guests didn't wear masks which was unfair on those who did. The staff changed our room at midnight because next door was playing music and being loud. This was to be expected I guess as bars closed at 10pm. Breakfast was something in a bag which was annoying as I've stated in many hotels in recent weeks and they all cooked proper breakfast. Room was good bed comfy and that really counts. I'd stay again but i would avoid weekend.

Hello paulabW8008TY

Thank you for your review, i'm saddened to see that we did not live up to your expectations during your recent trip with us. I apologise for the noisy guests during your stay, and that not all guests where not observing rules of face masks in the hotel. Please understand that we have little power to enforce the new rules set by the government around face masks, other than to politely ask persons to wear them when inside the hotel. Also, i apologise that the hotel is currently only operating a limited service due to new regulations, which includes breakfast offering. Details are available on our website.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back under better circumstances in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2020

I'm sure the hotel is very nice... I wouldn't know because I didn't stay there. I booked last year to stay in June this year. Sadly COVID scuppered the trip and Jurys Inn site said that they would refund/credit people wishing to change their plans. I wrote a few days before we were due to arrive asking to change. They didn't respond until a few weeks later telling me that since the date had been and gone and I had "checked out" according to their system, they couldn't help. I pointed out that I asked to change before the stay and they didn't reply until well after so hardly my fault. I have written 5 times since, mostly to deafening silence. No refund. Customer service is terrible. I'm guess if it goes right it is fine but let's hope you don't have a problem. Advise you to book with great caution.

Date of stay: June 2020

Hello DrumDrummy
Thank you for your review and feedback, please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. Please email me directly your reservation number, name and stay dates that you had cancelled and i will process a refund for the cancelled reservation asap.
antony_hazel@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 5 October 2020 via mobile

I stayed at the Jurys Inn on 3rd October 2020. On arrival, it all looked very impressive. We parked in the car park and checked in. Really helpful lady served us on reception. The room was okay... we were on the 11th floor. Nothing to make it stand out as a 4 star hotel and the room was quite small. We were quite near to the lift and that was very noisy. My boyfriend and I went out for food (with the current 10pm curfew on bars + restaurants, we didn’t imagine it would be too busy on Broad Street and it wasn’t) and had a nice evening!

It took a long time to get to sleep because of the noise of the lift. At 1am we were woken by the sound of the people in the next room coming in. They were very, very noisy. Our room and their room had an adjoining door. The combination of thin walls (we could hear them open drinks) and 4 very loud voices meant we didn’t get back to sleep! There was lots of shouting and telling each other to get out of the rooms.

After about 20 minutes I rang down to reception and they did send someone up to speak to them - super helpful!

The quiet lasted about 15 minutes and then started again. Eventually I had to knock on their door about 2/2:15 and ask them to be quiet(er).
I could totally understand the noise of the bars/ clubs were open late and it was a normal (pre-corona) Saturday evening, but it wasn’t.

Pros:
It was clean
Good location
Helpful staff
Cons:
Very average room
Expensive car park
So so so noisy!

Sadly, for us, we won’t be back again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Antony Hazel, Other at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2020

Hello Jesssicarrrrr7
Thank you for your review and feedback, please accept my sincere apologies for your experience and the unruly other guests. I understand one of my colleagues has been in touch to discuss, and i can see that we have rectified the feedback to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 24 September 2020 via mobile

I recently stayed at Jurys Inn in Birmingham and have to compliment the excellent customer service I recieved from Sadish. A great welcome and freindly discussion made me feel really comfortable.
I stay away for work a lot and I think this was one of the best welcomes I've ever recieved.
A credit to the company.
Great work.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Antony Hazel, Other at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2020

Hello Warren B

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us and also to see your comments about our hotel and Sadish.

I will ensure your feedback is shared with the team, I know they will be delighted to read it.

Thanks again.