Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$83
eDreamsUS$83
TravelocityUS$83
6,836 results
All reviews broad street two double beds costa coffee car park symphony hall bars and restaurants night life brindley place lovely hotel excellent location central location business trip would stay again self service saturday night reception staff one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2020

Stayed Saturday and Sunday nights. Parking price was a shock at 14.50 a night. Reception staff were plenty and efficient but re covid they had plenty of hand sanitizer but many guests didn't wear masks which was unfair on those who did. The staff changed our room at midnight because next door was playing music and being loud. This was to be expected I guess as bars closed at 10pm. Breakfast was something in a bag which was annoying as I've stated in many hotels in recent weeks and they all cooked proper breakfast. Room was good bed comfy and that really counts. I'd stay again but i would avoid weekend.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Antony Hazel, Other at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2020

Hello paulabW8008TY

Thank you for your review, i'm saddened to see that we did not live up to your expectations during your recent trip with us. I apologise for the noisy guests during your stay, and that not all guests where not observing rules of face masks in the hotel. Please understand that we have little power to enforce the new rules set by the government around face masks, other than to politely ask persons to wear them when inside the hotel. Also, i apologise that the hotel is currently only operating a limited service due to new regulations, which includes breakfast offering. Details are available on our website.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back under better circumstances in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2020

I'm sure the hotel is very nice... I wouldn't know because I didn't stay there. I booked last year to stay in June this year. Sadly COVID scuppered the trip and Jurys Inn site said that they would refund/credit people wishing to change their plans. I wrote a few days before we were due to arrive asking to change. They didn't respond until a few weeks later telling me that since the date had been and gone and I had "checked out" according to their system, they couldn't help. I pointed out that I asked to change before the stay and they didn't reply until well after so hardly my fault. I have written 5 times since, mostly to deafening silence. No refund. Customer service is terrible. I'm guess if it goes right it is fine but let's hope you don't have a problem. Advise you to book with great caution.

Date of stay: June 2020

Hello DrumDrummy
Thank you for your review and feedback, please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. Please email me directly your reservation number, name and stay dates that you had cancelled and i will process a refund for the cancelled reservation asap.
antony_hazel@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 5 October 2020 via mobile

I stayed at the Jurys Inn on 3rd October 2020. On arrival, it all looked very impressive. We parked in the car park and checked in. Really helpful lady served us on reception. The room was okay... we were on the 11th floor. Nothing to make it stand out as a 4 star hotel and the room was quite small. We were quite near to the lift and that was very noisy. My boyfriend and I went out for food (with the current 10pm curfew on bars + restaurants, we didn’t imagine it would be too busy on Broad Street and it wasn’t) and had a nice evening!

It took a long time to get to sleep because of the noise of the lift. At 1am we were woken by the sound of the people in the next room coming in. They were very, very noisy. Our room and their room had an adjoining door. The combination of thin walls (we could hear them open drinks) and 4 very loud voices meant we didn’t get back to sleep! There was lots of shouting and telling each other to get out of the rooms.

After about 20 minutes I rang down to reception and they did send someone up to speak to them - super helpful!

The quiet lasted about 15 minutes and then started again. Eventually I had to knock on their door about 2/2:15 and ask them to be quiet(er).
I could totally understand the noise of the bars/ clubs were open late and it was a normal (pre-corona) Saturday evening, but it wasn’t.

Pros:
It was clean
Good location
Helpful staff
Cons:
Very average room
Expensive car park
So so so noisy!

Sadly, for us, we won’t be back again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Antony Hazel, Other at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2020

Hello Jesssicarrrrr7
Thank you for your review and feedback, please accept my sincere apologies for your experience and the unruly other guests. I understand one of my colleagues has been in touch to discuss, and i can see that we have rectified the feedback to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 24 September 2020 via mobile

I recently stayed at Jurys Inn in Birmingham and have to compliment the excellent customer service I recieved from Sadish. A great welcome and freindly discussion made me feel really comfortable.
I stay away for work a lot and I think this was one of the best welcomes I've ever recieved.
A credit to the company.
Great work.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Antony Hazel, Other at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2020

Hello Warren B

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us and also to see your comments about our hotel and Sadish.

I will ensure your feedback is shared with the team, I know they will be delighted to read it.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 September 2020

We arrived early to the hotel and I waited at reception patiently, as it approached my turn to check in. I asked if I could check in early and the lady at reception looked at the time and then said yes. She asked my name and I had to repeat and spell it out to her several times. We were away on a family break and I had 4 rooms. Upon check in, she did not ask if we wanted breakfast the next day, so I asked about how much breakfast was and what it included. She then told me I had to tell her as soon as possible if I wanted breakfast for £11 per person which included a pastry, a piece of fruit and some orange juice. The receptionist then gave me the room keys and expected me and my family to make our own way around the hotel. We had never stayed here before so we expected to be shown some sort of direction but she did not show us directions to our room, she just handed over to me the room keys and expected me to find my own way around. We were a family and we were put on a floor with all rowdy guests. There was no acknowledgement that we were a family with small children and maybe we should be put in a different area of the hotel. At 2am we had people out in the corridor screaming and shouting, one whom was a member of staff in the hotel shouting down the corridor and the guests who were making the noise. I had to leave the room to ask them to keep the noise down as my kids were asleep, the member of staff stood outside one of the rooms did not apologise but instead just stared at me like I had done something wrong. I was very disappointed and we had a rubbish nights sleep with all the noise. I understand this hotel had a lot of young people having a good time but the fact they did not think to put a family with 4 rooms in a different area away from the rowdy was shocking. The next day upon check out we were told to just put our room keys in the checkout box as were other guests. There was no apology from any staff in regard to the noise last night. I then asked if I could leave the bags with them whilst we went out for the day before were to head back home, the same lady who checked us in tutted and came to collect our bags. Later in the day we collected them and left. I was very disappointed with the service I received in such a big hotel chain and company. The service was astonishing and the staff need to be trained properly. I have worked in a hotel before and the service here was terrible compared to how it should be. Very poor service, incredibly rude. Would not stay here ever again and would not recommend for anyone with a family to stay here either.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kiran M

Hello Kiran M
Thank you for taking time to leave a review of your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to see that you did not entirely enjoy your stay with us and I would like to sincerely apologise for this out of the ordinary situation. I will ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments in order to aid improvements in the future.
Kind regards