6,017 results
All reviews the executive lounge huge hotel courtesy bus busy hotel genting arena leisure facilities visiting the nec convention concert motorway
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed here 2 months ago for Kitacon. It was my first time staying in the actual hotel as other places nearby had prices much higher.

We booked several different rates on two rooms due to discount rates not working out for our convention, and upon booking over the phone I was told this would be made clear on the booking that we were in the rooms for 4 nights but with several rates. Upon check-in the staff knew this right away. We soon learned our cards would expire and no longer open the rooms after 10am on each day our rates expires but reception renewed the key cards without issue!
We were unfortunately disturbed by a housekeeper on Sunday (we were leaving Monday) who was convinced we should have vacated the room two hours ago. Had to explain we had booked several rates and had the room until the next day and she sorta stomped off. Nothing else came of it though so it wasn't a big issue. Only, no one had bothered us the last two rate expiration that had happened on Friday and Saturday so I'm assuming other staff could see my name on the next booking too.

We had a room with two beds - beds were pretty big singles and the room was clean. Cleaning staff were great every day replacing bedsheets and towels and toiletries (so much soap used to get rid of cosplay makeup!!!), cleaning around the clutter of our costumes (my clutter mostly, admittedly). I work in a place where cleaners and housekeepers usually sign their name somewhere and in wish they'd had a chance to do it here so I could thank them for putting up with a cluttered room!

An extra mention: on Saturday I went down to the concierge desk around 1am to ask for extra pillows. Had to wait as some red-faced bloke was having a go at the staff but when one of them came over to me (in my pyjamas and half in makeup I'll add!) she was still very calm and professional (wish I'd taken her name. She had an American/Canadian accent if that helps!). She informed me that they had no spare pillows and I was fine with that, but she took our room info just in case they found any spare. The next day housekeeping had left us the extra pillows! Was great to see a promise kept even with something so small.

Pool is awesome and you get in for free as Hilton residents. There's lane swimming, free swimming, pool floats galore and a hot tub. Friendly staff there too.

The street food was lovely and the bar, while expensive, was a nice place to get some drinks. Everyone who served me at the bar was very professional and polite and I can't fault the service while they kept me jolly on prosecco.

In general it's a lovely hotel and the staff were the stars most of the time, doing their best to wrangle so many of us running amok in their hotel. We had a great time, thank you!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Patrick S, General Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Dear Chloe

Thank you for your great review.

You clearly enjoyed your stay with us for the Kitacon Convention. Although this is a hugely busy time for us I'm glad that you were impressed with the service you received from the team - I'll be sure to share your feedback.

Let's hope you return again soon and have another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Here for work, the place has good conference rooms/facilities. There's a pool & gym onsite. The rooms are a decent size with tea making facilities. Breakfast was nice & the restaurant overall is good but could've had more vegetarian food. You'll need a taxi from the train station to get here,though there is a free hotel shuttle to the station which I discovered upon return. Polite & helpful staff.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Dear Pottyjotty

Thank you for your taking the time to provide your feedback following your stay.

It's good to see that you had an enjoyable visit to the hotel and I hope it's not too long before we see you return again.

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Having a quite evening before flying out on holiday. After indulging in some very tasty lite bites, (delicious sliders), we mentioned to Katie our waitress it was our wedding Anniversary, next minute a lovely cake platter with two glasses of fizz arrived from Tom the chef. Thank you so much! Paul and Claire

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Paul and Claire

Thank you for your 5 star rating and for sharing your experience.

I was delighted that you enjoyed the special treats that the team arranged for you to help celebrate your wedding anniversary. I trust you had an enjoyable holiday too.

Remember to visit us again soon and if you book direct at hilton.com you can be assured of receiving the lowest rates and other benefits too.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

I was here for one night on business due to a large conference being held on the sprawling ground floor of the hotel. Pretty good conference facilities. Great staff, making a point to say hello and check I was okay when wandering around the hotel. My room was fine. Average. Poor TV signal and a dodgy couple of soggy cookies left as a welcome offering. So dodgy I actually thought they'd been left by another guest! Very busy hotel bar and it took a noticeable length of time to get served on a couple of occasions. In all likelihood you are probably either staying here due to a conference and don't have a choice or you're jetting off on holiday the next morning from the airport. For either of those, this is a solid choice.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Dear Mrcrdeacon

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased you were impressed with the hotel conference facilities and our great team, who strive to make all guests feel welcome and valued during their stay.

Sorry to hear your cookies were not at their best when you arrived and regret you had a poor TV reception.

When the hotel is busy our Lounge Bar is a very popular place for guests to meet and network and whilst we aim to serve guests as quickly as possible, I apologise for any delay you had during your visit.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

I'll keep it short and sweet. Location is excellent if visiting the NEC, literally yards away. There is no other plus.

One person checking many people in on arrival.

Charged more than email confirmation stated to park.

Room was filthy (see photos) with damaged items.

One person checking big queue out.

Sent two emails to the hotel with pictures attached and nobody has bothered to reply after a week. No doubt they will respond to this review saying I should have made them aware at the time etc etc. I don't have the time, patience, nor inclination to spend my leisure time away speaking with, and receiving a half hearted apology from a duty manager for obvious failings. Just get it right in the first place!

Would not stay again
Would not recommend

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Henry

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am very sorry we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and whilst it may not have been convenient for you to report any shortcomings to us during your stay, we would always welcome the opportunity to rectify any issue at the time to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible.

I will of course share your feedback with the management team and again apologise for any disappointment experienced.

I hope we have the opportunity of restoring your faith in our hotel at some point in the future.