“Why list your closing time as 2am if you stop serving at 1.20am..?”
Review of Walkabout Bar

Walkabout Bar
Ranked #917 of 2,463 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Description: Walkabout Birmingham is the only place in the Midlands you are guaranteed to have a good time! No matter what night of the week, there is always something going on. Wether you want to catch all the latest sport, have a quiet drink with your mates, or party 'til the early hours Walkabout is the perfect place.
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Being a fellow member of the service industry, it’s nice to have a bar open even later than us that we can pop into for a quick drink after work.

What’s puzzling however is when the bar doesn’t close until 2, but at 1.20am I’m told that the bar is no longer serving because ‘we’re closing soon’

Pictures of the bar at this point in the evening follow, clearly no reason why I couldn’t have my after work drink besides the fact that the bar staff couldn’t be bothered to serve me. No sooner than they finished telling me they weren’t serving any more they all hid back of house so they couldn’t be questioned further.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I met with some friends here on a weeknight for something to eat and drinks after work. Its quite lively and younger crowd (I'm in my 30's) the place was ok, not really my scene but it was busy and lots of atmosphere and people seemed to be having fun. Would not be my personal first choice but have no problem/complaints with the venue.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I seem to always visit here when I'm Birmingham, it's fun and reasonably priced.
Lots of hen and stag do's going on.
Good music and clean enough for a night time venue.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

A first for me.

Walked in and asked the lady clearing the tables if I could have a table for 1. No problem, sit anywhere.....

I took a seat at a table in the middle of the place, opposite the bar. Good menu, and I was going to go for the surf and turf option. So I waited, and waited, and waited. This was a Monday night in February at 9:00pm. It wasn't busy. Staff walked past me.

I won't try again.

walkab0utbirmingham, Manager at Walkabout Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Good evening, thanks for your review of our bar. There seems to have been some misunderstanding here, all food and drink is ordered at the bar, unless stated otherwise, for instance during certain events. The member of staff may have been unaware you were waiting as they are not used to operating a table service system. Apologies for this and we hope you visit again soon, any problems when you do, please just ask at the bar and they'll be happy to help.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Worst manager Australian horrible rude woman.
I have never had such worse service. Disuniting attitude. Absolute ignorance!!!!

Hello, thanks for your review, could you please provide us more details, either on here or via e-mail at Walkabout.Birmingham@stonegatepubs.com, and we'll do our best to rectify the situation.