2,444 results
All reviews symphony hall german market christmas market comfy bed full english bull ring arena bullring
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 November 2020

I really appreciated Edwin the housekeeping guy.He is very active when even i need something.,he is always there to help .
Every staff is nice there.
Good area of gym and swimming pool as well.
Thank you .

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 291lalitk
Simon Doyle, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2020

Dear 291Lalitk,

I hope you are well.

Your recent review has been mistakenly posted to the hotel in Birmingham and not the property in Dubai. You may wish to repost this to the correct property or alternatively, I will pass on your comments.

Reviewed 3 November 2020

This hotel is in a perfect location for Birmingham city centre, within minutes of walking you can reach the station, broad st or the bull ring. Our room was perfectly sufficient for what we needed and even had a bath. I'd recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a city break.

Date of stay: October 2020
Simon Doyle, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

Hi Georgiee,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and leave your comments.

Great to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and the team will really chuffed with your comments.

Reviewed 2 October 2020

After seeing the previous post about the Copthorne lacking in Covid response i felt i had to put things right with a review of my own. I regularly use this hotel as a base whilst i carry out my acoustic work at sites around the Midlands. I've stayed here 3 or 4 times since they re-opened in September and have felt safe on every occasion. From my experience the staff wear face masks at all times and there are sanitiser dispensers everywhere, notably outside the lift on every floor which is very useful as the lift is where i feel most at risk. Sanitiser is again provided in your room and the one way systems are simple to follow. Please continue to provide these services as it takes some of the stress out of working in an area of the country where coronavirus levels are high.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank TimS2884
Simon Doyle, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2020

Hi TimS2884,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay your comments are really appreciated.

The team and I have worked extremely hard to ensure we have COVID safe environment for all of our guests as this is absolutely paramount in today's world. We will continue to review our protocols and ensure we adhere to the ever-changing restrictions and measures.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 1 October 2020

Excellent value. The room was very clean, with a great city view of the building work, offices etc. Although the work did start at 7am!! The hotel has plenty of hand sanitiser etc. and even a little personal bottle in the room. The staff were lovely. Breakfast was £10 and cooked to order.
Had dinner at Dishoom a few steps away - excellent Indian restaurant.
The only downside? The idiots who thought it was okay to flout the rules about wearing masks and using sanitiser when wandering around the hotel. Sadly, that was the vast majority of guests, at a time when Birmingham has a high number of cases and rising. Massively irresponsible but not the hotel's fault. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again and hope for better fellow guests next time!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Simon Doyle, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Hi Cbh1978,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

All the team is extremely pleased you enjoyed your time at the hotel and we really do appreciate your positive comments. As you will have seen during your stay we have plenty of signage advising all guests to wear masks and inform all guests checking in that we require them to wear masks at all times and we have masks available if a guest has lost or misplaced their mask. All the team attempt to enforce this as safety is paramount but has no legislative powers and are not able to force guests to wear their masks. The hotel has sanitization stations throughout the hotel and we have a robust cleaning regime focusing on increased cleaning of all the high touch point areas throughout the property. The hotel has had such positive comments regarding the measures we have in place and have had the majority of guests happily comply with COVID protocols and we will continue to do all we can to enforce protocols.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 September 2020 via mobile

Of all the hotels I’ve stayed in throughout Birmingham this has to be one of the worst. Firstly it is incredibly dated and something straight out of crossroads, very 70’s/80’s.

Whilst there were some signs regarding Covid-19 procedures these were not enforced. Several times I saw staff and groups of guests not sanitising or wearing masks.

In the guest bathrooms in the foyer they used hazard tape to block of sinks which shows the standard they are happy to present.

After waiting for the receptionist to finally get off the phone in the office I was given my key and I went to the room.

Again the rooms were very dated or at least they are in comparison to their competitors even at Travelodge/Ibis level.

The room smelt musty (not dirty) just not fresh. The rooms and bathrooms show their age in regards to wear and tear.

I spent as little time as I could in the hotel as it just wasn’t particularly pleasant. Given its great location you’d think it would either be taken over and improved greatly or flattened and rebuilt.

Shame.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dead Danloko,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments following your recent stay.

I feel very disappointed reading your comments and I know the team will be too. We have all worked exceptionally hard to make the hotel Covid Secure for all our guests and team, which is our number one priority. Since the hotel reopened we have received great feedback on the measures that had been implemented in the hotel. All of the team wear masks, at all times and in all areas of the hotel and I can assure you, I will investigate your comments to drive this important message home. We have sanitizer throughout the hotel both in staff, guest areas and we have an appointed hygiene ambassador to ensure the team and guests are adhering to COVID protocols. In regards to the toilet sinks, these have been taped off as this is the most effective way to prevent them from being used to maintain a 2-meter distance. Signage would not stop people using the sinks and as with many other hospitality businesses hazard tape is a visual and physical deterrent. I appreciate it may not look pretty but safety is paramount and the fact it had been noticed is proving that it's having the desired effect. I will, of course, work to find a more suitable alternative solution following your comments.

The hotel is showing its age and as you mentioned, it will be redeveloped in the coming years as part of the wider Paradise project in Birmingham. The team works hard to ensure all our guests have a clean and comfortable stay at the hotel but again I will discuss in detail your comments with the housekeeping manager to prevent this type of feedback from happening again.

I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your visit but I will use your feedback constructively to help drive awareness of the critical importance of the current protocols and measures.

Thank you again for taking the time to feedback your comments.