Lowest prices for your stay
US$43
Expedia.comUS$44
FindHotelUS$40
HurbUS$46
2,444 results
All reviews symphony hall german market christmas market comfy bed full english bull ring arena bullring
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 June 2020

Our work Christmas do was at (along with lots of other works' Christmas do's) was at the ICC and this hotel appeared to be the lowest price and very close to the ICC... Which it definitely is! I walked from the Moor St. station - I think (which is not close), but got completely lost and luckily a gentle who was living on the streets gave me directions - Very pleasant he was as well. Got to the hotel and there were road works taking place around the building, which too be fair couldn't be heard from inside. As you enter the building from the rear (not from the front where most picture are taken), the building exterior is really old and dated. However, the lobby felt fresh and the staff were pleasant, although like all hotels (annoyingly), there is no system as to who gets served first.

As I had already paid, I got my key relatively quickly and painlessly and went to my room. This is where the interior starts to go back in time. The hallways and even the room are in need of modernisation but as I was there to sleep and have breakfast I was not really fussed. (NB. As I knew I was going to get drunk, I made notes before the party!!!)

The bed was comfy, the bathroom was clean - although the shower was not very powerful. Also, there are a lack of sockets and no USB ports to make charging equiement simple. I've put that I was not sure about the wifi - probably not used as I was getting ready to go out, and also the room that I had had a strange layout, with a random table right in the middle (Room 518). Finally, I have noted that I could hear the neighbours music... but I guess this was early in the evening and everyone was getting ready to go out.

Next morning, when I woke (thankfully in my room), I got ready and went for breakfast. Very nice all you can eat breakfast, but again a strange layout with stairs and step everywhere (from what I can recall). However the food and drink was good and what was needed.

Overall, if you need a decent place to rest near to town and are not bothered by the decor, then this is a good place. If you are more refined and need visual stimulation, then don't bother. If the price was right and there was a reason to be in Birmingham (overnight) I'd stay again.

Room tip: View from 518 was pretty poor!
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Pritesh M
Simon Doyle, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2020

Hi Pritesh,

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed comments and review your stay. Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and visit to Birmingham. All the team we work hard to ensure that the rooms are clean even though there is a need for them to be modernized. Your comments are important to us and will be discussed in detail with the team.

Reviewed 20 March 2020 via mobile

1* rating is for the polite staff and distance to the city centre. 0* if not.
Pictures speak for themselves with mould.
Zero notification of major building work when we booked too right outside the room.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2020

the good:
- the location is as central as you can get
-reasonably priced
-friendly and helpful reception staff
- great breakfast buffet
- late check out (12)
- room had hairdryer, fan, toiletries as well as the usual stuff
- nice and quiet
- 2 restaurants and bar onsite which you can order 24hr room service from
-fairly clean

the not so good:
-very dated and tired inside rooms, in desperate need of a refurbish
-Bathroom could have been cleaner
- breakfast buffet needed topping up more often as a lot of things ran out

The main problem during our stay was room service. We ordered dinner and after waiting an hour called back to be told they'd lost our order which was pretty disappointing. We ended up ordering food via Deliveroo to the hotel reception.

Other all I would give the hotel another chance and stay again when we plan another trip as the location, breakfast, late check out and quietness all make it worth it for us but probably wouldn't order room service.

Date of stay: March 2020
SimonD4099, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Hi Pizzaface8,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the hotel.

The hotel is due to be redeveloped in the next few years and the team work exceptionally hard to ensure our guests have a clean and comfortable night's sleep even though there is a need for it to be modernized.

I sincerely apologize for the issues you faced in the restaurant which were clearly avoidable. I will discuss and action this with the food and beverage team to minimize this happening again in the future.

Thank you once again for feeding back your comments.

Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

Monday 9th March I’m a regular customer here I visit once - twice a week for my business trip for over a year , I no the reception ladies / man an they are always very helpful an very friendly . This time there was a new lady there she said I needed to pay a deposit which I responded I don’t normally pay a deposit ( I would of happily payed if she didn’t speak to me disgustingly ) i stated I was here literally 4 days ago never asked to pay a deposit for the entire year I’ve been coming an she said well I’ve never seen you before ( doubting I’m a regular ) her attitude was absolutely vile towards me. I have never been spoken to in that way by a member of staff there

Trip type: Travelled on business
SimonD4099, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Hi missKathrynm2011,

I would like to thank you for your regular business, support and for taking the time to feedback you're concerning comments.

I would like to apologize for your experience during your visit. As you have been to the hotel before, you know this is not the normal level of service you have come to expect and I would like to assure you that I will take all the appropriate measures to investigate and deal with this matter accordingly. If you don't mind I will direct message you to find out some more details so I can effectively deal with this matter to stop this happening again to any other guests.

Reviewed 8 March 2020

I appreciate that this hotel is right in the centre of the construction work thats going on around Birmingham at present but I have stayed here before the work started. Basically this hotel is in the right location for all the Birmingham City Centre attractions but the hotel itself is very tired. I stayed in one of the Club Rooms but even these were poor. I wouldn't necessarily say the hotel was dirty just in desperate need of an renovation, well the rooms anyway. The staff were very pleasant and helpful but parking is a real struggle unless you get in their underground car park which has limited spaces.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Maxxed78
SimonD4099, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Hi Maxxed78,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and review your stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and time in Birmingham. I’m extremely sorry about the building work which seems to be going all over Birmingham currently. We are hoping that the hotel will move to brand new premises as part of the local development sometime in the future.