Lowest prices for your stay
FindHotel
US$41
StayForLong
US$48
Trip.com
US$38
Agoda.comUS$41
ZenHotels.comUS$41
All reviews jam house city centre travel lodge jewellery quarter ncp car park room was clean minute walk great stay good nights sleep stayed for one night night's sleep symphony hall bull ring booked this hotel new street station broad street arena
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2020 via mobile

My booking was confirmed to stay the 26/06/20 at this travelodge, which I’d made that same day. I understand the stay was booked during COVID-19, although I am a key worker and was having trouble at home so needed a night away. When booking the hotel it said open to support key workers, in which I work in a dental practice for the NHS. I was able to provide evidence of this. Also when proceeding with the payment it offered me the option to select business or leisure, I chose leisure as the stay wasn’t work related. However when I arrived at the hotel and provided my indications that I’m a key worker they declined my stay as it weren’t for business, they said I could’ve only stayed there if the stay was due for work. I think this is poor of travelodge and the website for not mentioning my stay had to be work related just had to be a key worker. The payment still proceeded and even though it was a saver rate, I still think I’m entitled to a refund as it is false advertisement, by not stating clearly that the key worker has to be working the during the stay. Also it should not have give me the option to choose leisure during this time to still take my money. I can’t fault the reception staff as it weren’t their fault, they were helpful as they gave me a contact number to contact customer services and email, but I haven’t heard anything back after doing so straight away, I do understand this is a busy time.
Regards,
Eden.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Birmingham Central Newhall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2020

Thank you for your feedback.

We are really sorry to hear of your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we have passed your comments onto the hotel manager as this does not reflect Travelodge standards.

Could we kindly ask you to contact one of our Customer Services Advisors via our website help form with a copy of your review to look into this more thoroughly.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 28 June 2020 via mobile

Excellent service. Top rate staff. Very quiet hotel, no issues with the hotel.
Understandably no food being served but was able to have food delivered.
Only issue was a nest of seagulls nearby who didn’t consider the fact that people want to sleep past 3am

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2020

This was my second stay at this hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful as always. the room was nice and clean and warm (December) we had breakfast which was fresh and tasty. The hotel is located in a great position not far from the town centre.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 7 April 2020 via mobile

Booked this hotel as we were going to a concert at the Arena and it seemed to be fairly close and a good price. You know what you're getting with a travelodge so seemed a good option.
It's ideally located just a few minutes walk from the canalside, 10mins max from the arena and about 10-15mins from Brindley Place and the main bar area on Broad Street yet in a quiet location so no noise at night and we got a good night's sleep.
Reception staff were friendly and welcoming, bar staff were lovely too.
Room was Spacious enough for one night, clean and tidy and just what we expected. I'd stay here again if we came back.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2020

The hotel is well situated for all City Centre locations. All staff are friendly and approachable.The bedrooms are clean and contain the usual facilities. Breakfast is self- service with well stocked items.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge