Lowest prices for your stay
US$73
US$62
FindHotelUS$73
Hotels.comUS$73
Expedia.comUS$73
All reviews stayed here new street station city centre large shower modern hotel mailbox car park beans would definitely stay here again plug sockets minute walk ironing board comfy bed breakfast included friday night crowne plaza reception staff fantastic hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

I stayed here for a week in March as I was working at an event and we had exclusive use of the hotel. All COVID measures were excellent with all staff wearing masks and everything delivered to our room door. Breakfast was outstanding and super tasty. Room was very comfortable and clean.
Richard and his team were very helpful and were always willing to help and often went the extra mile to assist us. Would definitely stay again and the hotel is ideally located for easy access to city centre amenities.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Richard Mckie, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2021

Hi sarahrK8972JZ

Many Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel after your stay with us. We are so pleased we were able to look after the group. COVID still places some restrictions for us, but hopefully we are still able to deliver what our guests need in a hospitable and afe environment. Hopefully we will see you again in better times.

Reviewed 16 December 2020

I went over for a night with a friend. I tried to bring another person over and the manager said it was not allowed. I have asked to show me where this rule is, he could not. I then tired to complain and the manager game we a fake email address and refused to give me his name. When I went to the room the corridor stank of weed and was really loud, the manager did nothing about it. Highly disappointed.

Room tip: Worst hotel service in my life
Date of stay: September 2020
Richard Mckie, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2020

Hi ilya_d343

Thank you for the review of the hotel. I am not sure you have the correct one though. Birmingham city centre is in tier 3 at present and you should not be travelling with friends within the area, let alone trying to bring anyone extra into a hotel.

Our particular hotel is very quiet at present due to just occupying key workers in the area on business as per guidelines no leisure guests are staying with us so again does not sound correct.

Stay safe out there

Reviewed 6 November 2020

This was our first time at this hotel. We loved it. Comfy beds, clean, good pillows, no noise. Special mention to Anita, what a lovely helpful lady, nothing was too much bother. We will definitely book again. Thank you

Trip type: Travelled with family
Richard Mckie, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2020

Hi emily m

Thank you for the great review of the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments about the staff and especially Anita.

Look forward to welcoming you back in better times.

Reviewed 30 October 2020 via mobile

I’ve stayed a number of times at this hotel over the past few years and it never hardly lets me down
Just before my firsts visit after lockdown in July I was contacted by Anita in Reservation to update me on procedures and my preferences. Ever since I make a point of calling the hotel just to make sure there is no problems they are aware I’m coming and I get a room allocated away from the lifts & street side
All the staff are first class staff change I do recognise the odd long serving member
Food is excellent including the Apple pies
Breakfast is even better I prefer the BAG & GO order the night before this is one thing is good instead of sitting in the dinning area rather sit in my room & eat & keep the cakes for later
Every time seems to have new items on breakfast menu confess the cornflakes in the boxes are a good idea (like them without milk )
So keep up the good work in these difficult times
Next planed stay is New Year holiday (& it’s booked )

Date of stay: October 2020
Richard Mckie, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Hi davidbC9191DM

Thanks for your loyalty to the hotel and the super review. These have been challenging times for everybody, so it is great to hear that we are getting it right as much as possible.

Looking forward to seeing you for your next visit and stay safe in the meantime.

Reviewed 29 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed for three nights as a family of four with our two teenage children in connecting rooms. Hotel was very clean, felt safe considering the current climate. Staff were very friendly and accommodating, special mention to Anita who was on hand a couple of mornings sorting the breakfasts in these strange times. She was so pleasant and nothing was too much trouble for her... thanks for helping to make our break away a good one. Would def stay here again next time we’re in Birmingham.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kchalkl
Richard Mckie, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2020

Hi Kchalkl

Thank you for the great review of the hotel. As you say the current climate is different shall we say. The team have really pulled together so it is wonderful to hear such feedback. I will pass your kind comments on to Anita who is one of our stars here.

Hopefully will see you again soon, fingers crossed in better times.