Lowest prices for your stay
US$74
US$62
Hotels.comUS$73
PricelineUS$74
FindHotelUS$73
All reviews stayed here new street station city centre large shower modern hotel mailbox car park beans would definitely stay here again plug sockets minute walk ironing board comfy bed breakfast included friday night crowne plaza reception staff fantastic hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2020 via mobile

My husband and I came down to pick up a car this hotel was amazing and booked last minute plan, room was very spacious and recommended this room who needed a disability access the bathroom has 2 sinks and walk in shower with seat and the room has temperature and cooling control and the staff is very friendly, with Covid-19 they handle things very well and specially with one person prepares your breakfast ready definitely coming to this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Richard Mckie, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2020

Hi maryv396

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel here in Birmingham. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us with the room being just what you needed. Covid-19 sure has made a difference to the way we do things and happy that this worked for you.

Hopefully we would see you again if you are in the area.

Reviewed 31 July 2020

Hotel in general is disgusting, I didn't last long in this hotel at all.

You enter there car park you have homeless drunks around there asking you for money then abusing you if you refuse to give them money, if you enter in on floor one you will also have homeless kipping on there sofas and it stinks of urine. I felt very unsafe it's like a crack den, after entering the lift which isn't cleaned, just has some pathetic attempt of covering/hiding the state of the lifts with some kind of material which is filthy. We arrive into reception the receptionist gave us our keys after paying and filling a sheet out etc. We then arrived at our floor, we walked down the corridor and all the way down it stunk of cannabis with pumping music people screaming and shouting, it was like walking through a block of flats thats been run down in the ghetto or out of a movie where it's rough as hell. I entered the room I could still hear it all it was terrible noise, it's was boiling hot, the aircon was very noisey it was not going to be a good night sleep at all along with a long drive the next day, I just couldn't stick it, so I went back to reception to get a refund as I did not feel safe at all to be told with attitude she couldn't refund it's my problem she could change room for me but that is not going to hide all the other problems. After 20 minutes of explaining the problems and the receptionist not giving a care in the world I was not getting anywhere, I decided to leave and loose my £65 and go else where for my own safety.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Richard Mckie, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2020

Hi neilcp2019

Thanks for using Tripadvisor. I am not sure you have the correct hotel with the review though. Some of the points made do not match our hotel. We don't have our own car park, You can't enter on any different floor, we don't have covering on our lifts. The hotel is only three years old so does not really match the description you have given. Hopefully this can be sorted.

Reviewed 21 July 2020 via mobile

We booked this a while when lockdown started to easy off. Upon arrival we asked about the VAT, which on our booking receipt was £16. We where then told because of the VAT cut they have put their prices up to offset the cost. Now its not a massive problem as we weren't out of pocket but, aint this a contradiction of why the gov decided to cut VAT to try and boost the country's tourism????
The breakfast was horrible and you fill in your paperwork the night before of what you want and a time to pick it up. When we got there at the time requested, I was then asked what I would like for breakfast, even though he came out with our slips. We then had to wait a further 20mins while they got the food ready. It was a complete waste of time filling the slips out and handing them in to reception.
The closest car park is £21 for 24hrs. You can park a further 5 min walk away in the Mailbox carpark for a 15% discount but you only save about £3, in turn you walk 5 mins to the hotel with your luggage.
To finish off with a good point, the hotel situated in a good spot, just a 10 min walk into the city centre and 5 min walk to the Mailbox. Which was perfect with kids as you didn't get all the noise from the outside hustle of the city.

Trip type: Travelled with family
18  Thank FamilyInspiredTravel
Richard Mckie, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2020

Hi FamilyInspiredTravel

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel in what has been a very different few weeks for the hotel. With regards to the VAT the hotel hasn't put prices up. There are differing view points on the reduction of VAT in our industry, but ultimately it is designed to assist businesses in the short term.
Breakfast has changed from the buffet we would normally offer our guests. Social distancing, touch points etc have meant this is not an option at present. It is great to have guests like yourself that come down when they say, unfortunately this isn't always the case, but we do try to give fresh hot food to everyone of our guests.
I am glad the location worked for you, there is lots to do just on our doorstep, and more opening back up again each week.

Hopefully if you return to Birmingham we would see you again.

Reviewed 12 July 2020

Amazing value. £60 for a room on high(ish) floor, very comfortable bed, decent sized bathroom and good breakfast (veggie sausage sandwich). Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Couldn't have asked for more. I parked underneath the hotel for £17 a day (paying in Crowne Plaza), though there is parking on street right outside the hotel, though you can only stay for 2 hours max.

Room tip: Higher floor facing street....
Date of stay: July 2020
Richard Mckie, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2020

Hi LeeBeeLondon

Thanks for the great review. Times of change for everyone but glad to see you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2020

I stayed here the first night it was open post-lockdown and I really didn’t know what to expect. We had a phone call from a member of staff the day before our stay to explain the changes. Check-in was smooth, we were given a form to pre-order our breakfast. The room was very clean but amenities such as blankets, decorative pillows and hot drink facilities had been removed (these can be put back upon request). There was a strange high pitched sound around 22:30 that lasted for about 30 minutes that sounded like an alarm- not sure what that was? Breakfast wasn’t the most organised but this is understandable considering it was their first time. Food was enjoyable with an option to eat-in or takeaway. Overall a really great stay for such a low price.

Hi KKRP

Thanks for the review of the hotel. Times haves changed for everyone indeed. Thanks you for the feedback, first day nerves indeed. Back to normal now. Hopefully see you again soon.