Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$73
Expedia.comUS$73
PricelineUS$73
eDreamsUS$66
FindHotelUS$73
TravelocityUS$73
All reviews continental breakfast city centre no air conditioning bed was comfortable small room would stay again stayed here for two nights lovely hotel checking out shower pillows receptionist arena kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2020

I have booked and personally viewed adjoining rooms back in March as I was getting married in the church round the corner. The only reason why I booked with you was the location and having joining room so me and my bridesmaids can get ready without crossing corridors.
Once I have arrived at the reception, young girl with black and grey ombré hair told me that I have two rooms but they aren’t joining rooms! I was livid I am not going to lie as you only get married once ! She wasn’t even sincerely sorry and kept saying there is nothing she can do but no apology was received. There was no manager on duty which was also shocking !
Once we finally got back after having dinner outside the hotel, we have decided that we don’t want to stay separately and opted for all of us to sleep in one room which by the way smelled of smoke - we used a lot of perfume trying to mask the smell as we didn’t want to breathe in cigarette smell or my wedding or bridesmaids dresses to smell and kept window open all night long! Then my bridesmaid wanted to wash her hair but water was boiling hot to the point she burnt herself. I have tried to adjust the temperature but got soaked instead! My other bridesmaids also tried and as we had no luck, they went to report it to the reception desk. One guy- I guess security/night porter arrived (he was helpful and laid back) and after several minutes he gave up as water was at the boiling point and told us to use the room across the hall to shower.
Overall, nothing related to your hotel went right - from rooms, reservations, smell, shower and having incompetent staff. On top of everything, I told both girls at the reception that I am expecting a call from manager on Tuesday which once again failed.

Date of stay: October 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Danny Crompton, General Manager at Ibis Styles Birmingham Hagley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2020

Dear Zuzana,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Birmingham Hagley Road. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Please do give me a call on 0121 217 1111 so I can put this right for you as I full accept this was our fault..

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

I stayed five nights at this hotel the week before last when in Birmingham for work. The hotel is old but, I would assume, fairly recently modernised. The layout, likely owing to the age of the place, is all over the place. Lifts aren’t by the reception desk and you have to go down a couple steps to get to them so I’m guessing the hotel isn’t wheelchair accessible, either, which is kind of shocking if true. If you take the stairs, things get even weirder as the stairs don’t even line up so you do a lot of wandering about to get to the top floor. Rooms are small but modern. The bed is basic but acceptable. TVs are very basic and bathrooms are dingy - windowless and with dirty pull cords for the mirror light. If you ask for an ironing board these are well worn, also. Walls in the bedrooms are paper thin, too, so take note of this if you’re a light sleeper. I spent three of my five nights listening to the woman in the next room coughing as clearly as if she were right beside me in bed. There’s also no air conditioning and even with the window open in autumn the room is stuffy. All in all, although cheap, I wouldn’t stay again. Hagley Road has a lot of budget hotels and I’d doubt this is either the worst or the best. On the plus side, there is ample free parking - just remember to register for the full length of your stay on the screens in the lobby.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank doctorbenedict
Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

The cleaners did such a horrible job!!!! One day I was told the cleaner is on her way up so I waited for them and they took over an hour to come so I left the do not disturb sign on the door and she decided to stand outside our door shouting on the phone to someone for a good 15mins minutes untill she walked away!!!! She did this a couple of times during our stay. The bed was also very uncomfortable and the shower took too long to heat up.

The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful and we didn't have no other problems.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Danny Crompton, General Manager at Ibis Styles Birmingham Hagley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us, I have spoken with all of Housekeeping and we are struggling to find what has happened here.. if you could call me direct on 0121 217 1111 so I could take some further details and look into this matter.

We do pride ourselves on the service we offer from reception, housekeeping and all of the team here so I will take this matter serious and ensure it is dealt with once I have all of the information.

I am glad to read that the Reception team was friendly, helpful and you had no further issues.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2020

A place that is welcoming and friendly the service was good. Having come to London the picture is very different in the Bath road one 112-114.. Not even some where to have drink of cold water ( without paying a fortune

Date of stay: June 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Danny Crompton, General Manager at Ibis Styles Birmingham Hagley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2020

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay with us, I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and our team was highlight of your stay.. we know how important it is for people to receive a smile and a nice friendly atmosphere when you are away from home.

We do look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2020 via mobile

Very helpful staff, clean rooms, nice reception, good value for money. But need more plug sockets as there was only two. Great idea of having usb chargers by the bed. Good location, due to COVID the breakfast was only continental but substantial which is included in the price

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Danny Crompton, General Manager at Ibis Styles Birmingham Hagley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2020

Dear Mel,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We do have some very handy cube extension leads at reception so if you are back in the future and need extra points do let us know, you can always whatsapp us from your room and we shall clean it first and drop it to your door.

I do hope we see you back with us again soon when you are in Birmingham next time.