Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$100
View deal
Hotels.comUS$100
FindHotelUS$102
TravelocityUS$100
Orbitz.comUS$100
CheapTicketsUS$100
Trip.comUS$117
All reviews bottomless brunch complimentary mini bar jewellery quarter coffee machine saturday night lovely hotel city centre an iron good nights sleep prosecco minibar brum kettle arena lift
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2020

We stayed for two nights for a birthday treat. St Pauls house is always the hotel we head to when staying in Birmingham. Being our first stay away from home since restrictions were lifted, we were a little aprehensive but found the hotel excellent. We had our temperature taken on arrival at the main entrance and track& trace details taken for both of us, not just the one per party. Great to see the staff wearing masks and screens in place at the hotel reception. We also wore masks inside when not seated for drinks.Excellent check in experience and a health questionnaire to both fill in. Sanitiser at all points and lifts.Room had a seal on the door to say had been sanitised. Great, comfy room as always. Great service when we headed down for drinks and love the QR order system. So quick and easy to use although we were offered table ordering too. Friendly bar service as always. Well done for a great, reassuring stay.

Date of stay: September 2020
Vicky Suburban Inns, Marketing at Saint Pauls House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind words - we appreciate it so much!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

The rooms are undoubtedly nice as are the cocktails but the place is a covid nightmare. It was overly busy at 4pm but actually the social distancing was good apart from the entrance where people were constantly in and out and getting too close. No table service so lots of queues. I raised an issue with the air con as you can not manually turn it off just adjust the temperature. So the room was cold and I always get a sore throat from a/c. I had to call reception in the early hours where they said they would adjust it remotely but didn't. I woke up with a terrible sore throat and as it was so bad had to then pay to extend my room a few hours while I managed it. Also the duvet had no cover on it so nothing that's being removed between guests! I don't dislike the place but this stay wasn't brilliant for me.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBL_32

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience with us recently, we have put a lot of hard work into making our venue as COVID safe as possible so this is really disappointing to hear.
I have spoken to the manager on duty and they apologise that the air con wasn't sorted out, we have since had an engineer out to fix the system to ensure guests can make themselves as comfortable as possible.

We have also updated our steps of service to ensure all guests are served at the table.

Again, I do apologise that your stay wasn't at the high standard we endeavour for, I'm confident that if you visit again you'll see a marked, more positive difference.

Reviewed 8 September 2020

My friend and I visited last Saturday for a bottomless brunch. Our temperatures were checked on entry which made us feel safe. The food was really good and plentiful. We went for the 3 course option and the food came out really quickly. There is good variety of drinks Prosecco, Bellini, Bloody Mary and gin. We were served by tom (I think his name was) he was super attentive and great. Sometimes at a bottomless brunch it can be difficult to order drinks but here 90% of the time we were able to order no problems. Tom was really great at what he does, thank you for a lovely afternoon!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello,

Thank you for the 5 stars and for the shout out to Tom, he's a gem!

Really appreciate it and we hope we can welcome you at Saint Paul's again soon,

Reviewed 31 August 2020

Six of us came we felt neglected from the start, but when we ordered food, there was a lovely lady who brought our food over and subsided my fries for chips and was so lovely! There was a waitress who said at first she wouldn’t give us Prosecco unless everyone in the group were finished which wasn’t in the terms and conditions and wasn’t fair. She also wouldn’t serve us and yet we saw her wait on other tables really smiley and didn’t question them. I wouldn’t come again, the food could’ve been better.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your brunch experience with us recently but thank you for the kind words in regards to your server.
We do ask that the group finish their drinks to help manage the pace of guests drinks, but we have been reviewing this policy to ensure guests aren't left waiting too long for their friends to drink up if they are ready for a top-up.

In regards to the food not being up to par, its a shame this wasn't mentioned to your server at the time as we'd have liked the opportunity to turn this around for you.
I do hope you'll consider a second visit,

with kind regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2020

The booking at this hotel started well, with an email outlining there guidelines and instructions to stay Covid safe and also I had to fill in a form 24hrsin advance asking various questions about my health. So all good at this stage. Arrived at the hotel again everything was great in terms of information, temperature check, social distancing and clean check labels on each room. I then left the hotel to get a meal at an outside restaurant and when I returned it seemed that Covid was over. People just randomly walking in, no names taken, standing at the bar, sitting wherever they wanted. It wasn't as if the bar was quiet, it was really busy which made matters worse. We explained our concerns to one of the ladies who was on the hotel reception earlier and she asked if we wanted to speak to a Manager. We agreed that was appropriate, but no one turned up!!

This is a really good hotel, great rooms, nice bar, good staff but if you are concerned about Covid-19 it may not be the best place to stay currently. Also they told me it would be better to park in their Car Park but didn't inform me it was £12 when I could have parked on the street outside the hotel overnight for free, so be aware of this.

Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Maxxed78

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words in regards to your stay, but I am sorry to hear that some areas did not impress as much as others.

We have strict guidelines to ensure our guests are as safe as possible and of course given the recent Government updates we have adjusted these as needed, including table service and no standing up etc.

I am sorry that the manager didn't come to see you, this is most unlike our usual attentive service, so please accept our apologies for this. Yes, there is a charge for the car park, but as we have no reasonability for the street parking outside we can't promote the use of this.

I do hope you'll consider another visit, we'd love to welcome you back!