“A lovely place for an afternoon tea”
Review of Stoneleigh Abbey

Stoneleigh Abbey
Reviewed 3 May 2018

A lovely site for an afternoon tea, marvelous grounds and friendly staff, they couldn't have been more friendly.

All reviews
"post code"
"lovely setting"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We were a group of 27 members of a retired employees association.What a wonderful venue.The whole setting is glorious and topped only by our guide Sheila who oozed enthusiasm,wit and knowledge.The buffet lunch was excellent and plentiful.The overall impression was that everyone actually enjoys working there ,a pleasant change to many establishments.We came away fired up to revisit possibly as individuals.

1  Thank Alwin_11
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

What a lovely hidden gem of a place. I went with a friend after seeing it on a groupon offer and I’m so glad we went,lovely grounds and even better house we paid extra to do the tour of the house and our tour guide Paul really knew his stuff and made it fun and very informative he is a credit to the house. Thank you for a lovely day out and a tasty afternoon tea,staff in the orangery where very attentive too

1  Thank 16,021,984
Reviewed 25 April 2018

I've visited on several occasions and never seen it busy even at weekends so I guess they need some good marketing people!
On my recent visit I enjoyed the Jane Austen tour and this deserves 5 stars. The guide was informative and great fun so what a shame there were only three of us on the tour.
The grounds are quite small but pleasant enough especially on a sunny day.
The afternoon tea is average, I used a Groupon voucher but definitely wouldn't pay full price although the setting in the orangery is lovely. I was not impressed with the service we received on our last visit as we had booked for 12 o'clock but didn't receive our food till 12.25! There is no excuse for this as they were fully aware of when we would arrive and there is no choice except for the slice of cake. We were served a pot of tea immediately and of course had drunk it by the time the food arrived! We were booked in for the tour at 1 o'clock so instead of a relaxing leisurely tea it was a somewhat hurried affair. What a shame as I had bought friends with me who hadn't been before. That said the waiter was friendly and helpful.