All reviews high bridge great location grey street comedy club continental breakfast rooms are small dean street bar area is bars and restaurants city centre train station car park would definitely stay here again air con full english great shower comfy bed
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of friends hotel is lovely nice decor really clean staff are really friendly and helpful.hotel is in a perfect location highly recommend staying here.shops are near metro train it was worth the money.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

great hotel , very modern and we'll kept , hotel was very clean also had good views from our room , great sweets at reception little love heart things ,bar has a good choice of drinks and ok prices would defo stay again

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Great location right in the centre of Newcastle. Trendy bar area that created an escape from the busy centre. Clean rooms with everything you need. Only had a standard room but was an adequate size for two. Didn't have breakfast but everything else excellent.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2016

I stayed in Motel One Newcastle last weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff is very friendly and attentive; you feel welcome right from the start. The rooms are more spacious than I expected from an inner city hotel. The rooms are neat and tidy and above all quiet. I loved the beds, it was a very comfortable night's sleep. We ended our night in town in the hotel bar where we got serviced some nice cocktails. Even at 2am the staff had a smile on their faces. It's worth mentioning the location, which is just a street off Grey Street. You can't find more central than that, really.
We had a lovely continental breakfast with a generous variety of breads, cereals, jams, spreads, toppings, mainly locally sourced. Again the staff was quick to attend to our needs. You will certainly not miss your fry-up after you dug in all the food they offer! All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Motel One and I can warmly recommend it to everyone. Out of all the hotels I stayed in in Newcastle upon Tyne I think this is my favourite one.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

this is a really good looking hotel in a great location. The booking was efficient and reasonably priced. We parked in Dean Street which is only 5-10 min walk up hill to the hotel. Check in was efficient and staff were friendly. The room was Tova high standard and had all that we needed for an overnight stay. Only thing that spoiled our stay was the heating. It was like a sauna in the room when we checked in. We switched everything off and went out for dinner and a gig. When we returned the room was still stifling. We contacted reception and they came and unlocked the window. It seems as though our room's heating was on full all night which made for an unbearable night. We complained to the staff in the morning and welcomed the brisk Newcastle air as we stepped outside. We would definitely be back as it's a nice hotel, but would avoid that room.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple