1,622 results
All reviews train station great location waffle maker complimentary breakfast self service travelling by train excellent hotel city centre corner room car park minute walk walk in shower top floor great shower ironing board would definitely stay here again night life
Reviewed 10 November 2015

just home after spending 2 nights at this hotel. I can't praise this place enough. We travelled by train and the hotel could not have been any more convenient. The staff were so welcoming and helpful. The room was immaculately clean. Although storage was minimal, the room facilities were perfectly adequate for our needs.
Breakfast was fine. I have dietary requirements, in that I need gluten free. I didn't ask, but I didn't see anything telling me that they catered for me (the Hampton in York had a sign up in the breakfast room). I had yogurt and fruit, which is normal for me anyway and had eggs and bacon with my own bread.
We stayed on a Saturday night and weren't prepared for the street noise into the early hours. That said, I'd definitely stay here again, without any qualms. I might choose a higher floor next time though.

Room tip: Choose a higher floor if you're affected by street noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paolo F, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2015

LeebFife,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Really pleased you enjoyed your stay, we do have gluten free products available, so next time do let us know at breakfast. Look forward to welcoming you back shortly!

Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

Myself and a friend stayed for one night in october! Couldnt fault it, great location! Clean and tidy! Helpful staff and lovely breakfast :-) Lovely views accross the city and although central still very quiet! I would definately stay again :-)

Date of stay: October 2015

Lsmith238,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I know the Team here at the hotel will take great pleasure in reading your kind review, we hope to welcome you back to the Hampton by Hilton Newcastle very shortly.

Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

The Hampton by Hilton hotel has only been opened since March 2015 and is a modern functional hotel that is 200 yards from Newcastle Railway Station and 5 minutes from the bars and Eldon Square shopping centre.

Rooms were very clean, with excellent showers and comfortable beds. Good air conditioning/heating and quiet with no outside noise. Only issue for me was the pillows that were very soft as I like a firm pillow but this is a minor comment.

The staff are all pleasant and the hotel security make sure there is no unwanted disturbances.

Breakfast is included which is a buffet self service and is decent quality, but it does get busy around 8.30-9.30 am.

Overall it is excellent value for money and a perfect location.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Paolo F, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

MartinRS2k,

Thank you for completing such a comprehensive and honest review. Really appreciate you taking the time to share you experience and do hope you will return to the Hampton by Hilton Newcastle in the very near future, at which point I would love to personally thank you for your review!

Reviewed 8 November 2015

We have just spent a night here following a concert at the City Hall & we will definitely return. Rooms are very comfortable and of a high specification with high quality toiletries & large towels (bath sheets) not always available at similar hotels. The bar food is tasty & the breakfast is fine although we would have preferred a wider range of eggs rather than just scrambled. However this is a minor niggle. This hotel also provides excellent value for money & we thoroughly recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

SBarnesDarlington,

Thank you for your review. Really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton by Hilton Newcastle, even more so for the commendation! Hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back in the very near future!

Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights can't praise the hotel enough location was fantastic the staff went out of their was to help especially Natasha definitely be back. Great bars nearby and train station straight across the road

Sandra,

Thank you for your glowing review! So very pleased you enjoyed your stay, even more so that Natasha managed to 'WOW' you - I will be sure to pass on your kind words. Really hope you will return in the future, at which point we look forward to welcoming you back!