Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$117
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Restaurant
The Hanson Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$59
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

Hedgefield House Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$63
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$130
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$76
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$111
US$92
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

The New Northumbria Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$58
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

Caledonian Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$72
US$70
Travelocity
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2018

I booked this room several months in advance as available rooms in Newcastle were few and far between due to the Magic Weekend festival.
Now before I continue I must point out to those of certain inclinations that it is nothing to do with the mushroom variety but a series of very exciting Super League Rugby League matches played over 2 days at Newcastle United's ground.
All hotels had up to tripled their prices for this occasion, which I accept due to supply and demand etc.
For some reason I didn't read Triadvisor reviews before booking, I relied on what I read on Booking.com's website.
I did read the reviews the morning of our stay though.
Dirty, bed bugs, noisy, the list goes on.
There were other positive reviews though, which I suspected came from the younger, partying element.
I was particularly envious of the reviewer who paid £22 a night for their room. We paid £52!
We had a lovely day at the Rugby and set out to find our accommodation.
I knew that it was situated close to The Toby Carvery restaurant as was mentioned by a reviewer.
The sat nav took us past the Toby and told us next left, which I faithfully followed. It was the A1 link I think.
A short distance onwards it said we had reached our destination! I assumed the back of Metro Inn must back onto the dual carriageway.
A detour of several miles ensued taking me back to the Toby. Same instruction, next road on the left.
I pulled onto the Toby Carvery car park and phoned Metro Inn and explained where we were and the difficulty in locating them.
I was advised that we were next door so just take the next road.
The road in fact is shared with the Toby. It was dark but I assumed the Toby had one way in and one way out.
Anyway, we arrived. Booked in, were given our key and the remote control for the television and went to our room.
As I was putting the key into the door lock two males staggered past us. I was unsure whether they were inebriated or the were shell shocked when they saw their room.
As I turned the key my grandson said excitedly " I cant wait to see the room granddad! "
Bearing in mind that I had read the reviews, I quipped " You wont be in a minute. "
Upon entering the room he burst out laughing. I put it down to nervousness and incredulity.
"I've never seen anything like this before " he said awestruck.
I have to admit that, even though I am rough and ready, neither had I, and I thought that the reviewers had been far too complimentary with even their most negative compliments.
To say that the room had basic facilities could be used on their advertising jargon.
A double bed with an overhead bunk bed attached. A large mirror with a nearby Shaving socket.
Towels were provided and these were left on the floor at the foot of the bed, where they stayed!
An antiquated television set with a warning sign saying that it was alarmed and would be rendered inoperable if attempts were made to remove it.
Remove it? It must be worth something after all, even if it didn't work.
A shelf was underneath the television which with a bit of imagination you could use as a desk top. There was a plastic garden type chair to sit on.
For privacy the window was fitted with a blind made out of a cheap plastic type material attached to a piece of Balsa wood. It didn't work. Managed to pull it half way down where it stuck. .
The carpet was, I think, a blue colour originally.
Now it is coloured by a myriad of different stains, mostly ground in but some still awaiting that fate.
I am certain that if you arrived hungry then you could get a substantial meal by extracting stuff from the carpet, though I couldn't vouch that the stains are all caused by materials fit for human consumption.
The convection type radiator had slats on it. Each slat had a layer of fluffy type dust on it, which had probably recently accumulated over the last ten years or so.
The edge of the carpet, all around the room, was covered in dust. whether there was anything hidden in the dust I cant say, I wasn't that inquisitive.
Clothes hangers were provided and these were hanging next to the ladder attached to the upper bed.
My grandson pointed out that there was only the one plug socket in the room as he wanted to recharge his mobile phone.
A quick search revealed him to be correct.
Single toilets are along the corridor. There were 4 of them what i saw and they were very similar to the small cubicles on aircrafts.
Four single shower cubicles were next to them.
As other reviewers have said the place is extremely noisy.
There was a ghetto blaster blaring away. If there was an electrical store open I would have purchased a radio and entertained fellow guests with Radio 2 on at full blast.
Bearing in mind previous references to bed bugs, I scratched myself to sleep, confident that I would be woken up later on when the revellers had returned from their night out.
I wasn't disappointed, as when they returned they tip toed along the corridor with the grace of a herd of elephants.
Laughter, chatter and the slamming of doors ensued for a short time.
I didn't know what time it was, as by this time I had lost the will to live and couldn't summon up the enthusiasm to open my eyelids.
When we arose in the morning I was pleased to note that neither of had fallen prey to the bed bugs. We never saw any and I am only going off other reviews and photos in my reference to them.
You had to vacate the premises by 10.00am. We duly handed in our keys and TV remote control, wiped our feet on the carpet and set off on the next part of our escapade.
Would I stay at the Metro Inn again. Afraid not.
I will book early elsewhere for next year. Failing that I would take some cardboard boxes with me and join the rough sleeper's in the town centre.
Saying that it is ideal for youngsters going out on the lash and not caring about where they get their head down after a few drinks.
I must admit that I have been there, many years ago.

Room Tip: Walk on your hands, they are easy to wash, though you would have to ensure that you bring your own soap.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2018

If you go to poundland and buy some tat for a pound and it breaks you think it was a pound what you expect .So for a room booked for £30 for three adults The would have an option of would you like 3 beds or would you prefer,and heres a great idea to save room we will call a double bed 2 and not mention that then to boys have to share
We had now thought well just laugh about it later .

The room its self was quite similar to a travelodge other than the having to walk all the way to the end of the corridor for a tinkle before bed .when you have been drinking and say stuff it ill go in my pants,this also went for a seperate shower room that was tiny .
The best part of the room was the room itself .it came with a cobweb under the bunk for added atraction.You get a tv and freeview but none of that remote control malarky .NO you just have to watch it off .the light next to the tv never worked as it was one of those new dark light ones its fades out at the same time as reality .really good I may buy one..The carpet was my favorite feature as it had shades in there ive never seen and such grand patterns.
Upon leaving it felt like more relief than anything .especially when we saw we never won the star prize .where some filthy animal takes a dump in the towel and drops it out the window on some poor buggers car that now has human feaces all over the window.

Didnt spoil my weekend though as Dirt Box Disco were mint at the academy ..

but getting back to my opinion if you want a cheap room for the night that's dilapidated go there .Dont take my word for it look at the pics

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

As we were checking in we were informed there was a £50 cash deposit required per room (not mentioned on the booking confirmation) and when trying to find a solution (I did not have £200 cash on me and the nearest cash point was out of order) the man checking us in became very rude and threatened us with banging our heads and making sure we would never be able to return to Newcastle and more - all before we had done anything at all! Rooms are very very basic and bathrooms and showers can be relatively far from the rooms. Budget but you can see why. Would be fine if the staff hadn't been so rude, making assumptions of the group before we had done anything wrong at all.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was extremely worried about staying here. Well we paid in total £44.00 and that was for 2 nights 2 adults and 1 child. Yes the room was small, however the carpets and beds were clean... I had a good night's sleep on a comfy bed.. the disabled shower room was clean and powerful.. sadly the light tube went this Morning, but happens every week at my home...the gentle man working the night shift couldn't do enough for us, he even went and got us some extra pillows. The lady on the morning/day shift is also very friendly, and again couldn't do enough... the cleaners come in every day and clean the room and leave fresh clean towels..if people want 5* then pay for it.. we ate happy with the service we recieved especially for the price...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank aisha d
Reviewed 23 March 2018

This place was great. After running a few laps around my spacious room, and licking all of the dust and dead skin off the very clean floor, I went to sleep and woke up with bugs crawling inside me. It's like I'm in an Alien film or something. Anyway I really enjoyed it now because we made an army and they made me king.

Room Tip: make sure to bring crumbs to feed bed bugs (and blood)
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family