All reviewswest jesmond metro stationosborne roadlimited car parkingfreeman hospitaljesmond areacity centrefew minutes walk awaysingle roomlots of bars and restaurantsfriendly hotelquiet locationgood sizestayed here for two nightsfamily roomcouple of nightslate checksmall room
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I visited here for three nights with work and stayed in a front facing single room. The bed was very comfortable and the room was tidy and clean. There was a wardrobe with a trolley for my suitcase, so everything could be tidied away without making the room look cluttered. I also used the desk to continue with work on my laptop.

The hotel is located about a 30 minute walk from the city centre, or 10 minute drive. Taxis are about £5-7 and there's a bus stop opposite the hotel. Parking is limited but it is not impossible to find a space.

The area around the hotel is mainly residential but there are some nice restaurants and shops, plus a Tesco Express. There are lovely walks around the allotments nearby.

Staff were all friendly and obliging of any enquiries. I ate in the breakfast area on the last morning and this was really good.

I did not hear any noise, other than the last night I was aware of next door snoring but it didn't keep me awake. The walls just appear to be thin. The shower could also have been hotter but again that's personal preference.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2018

I stayed here for 2 nights. The single room was small but spotlessly clean and had everything I needed. Unfortunately the noise from other guests spoiled my stay. There were several workmen staying on the same corridor. On the first night 2 of them had a long and loud argument / fight which only ended when another guest called reception and the receptionist intervened. On the 2nd night they returned to the hotel at around 10pm laughing and joking and making a great deal of noise although it was fairly short lived. However between 11.45 and 12.15 "Bob" tried several times to rouse Jake, he started fairly quietly but in the end was knocking loudly and shouting and swearing( which is how I know their names). The rooms are not very soundproof and there are creaky floorboards in the corridor so everytime someone walked past I was disturbed. Not really the fault of the hotel and they do have a notice asking guests to be quiet after 10pm but I didn't get a decent nights sleep here so won't be returning.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I used this hotel for one night and was happy to find it was not along with the rabble using hotels in Jesmond Road. Parking was another matter though, very limited. Bad prices were not too bad but I feel the food was overpriced and limited in choice. The staff were friendly and helpful and that is what made my stay sufferable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Helpful staff and good value stay. My stay for one night was spoilt by faulty bath plug and no internet. I tried to book a future one stay in July but did not think it was worth the £70 tariff. There is other accommodation that is better value than this.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Geoff B
Reviewed 3 April 2018

All the details about the hotel are great ( clean, fresh smell, helpful staff, good food, fair internet). If you have any problem that needs to be solved, the manager will go more than the extra mile to solve that for you if the rest of the staff does not have the authority to do it. I love to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
manager127, Manager at Best Western New Kent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Many thanks for your great review, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.