2,537 results
All reviews the marco pierre white restaurant complimentary mini bar balcony room aveda toiletries mpw restaurant crisps kit kat rainfall shower city centre bottle of prosecco car park lovely hotel train station front of house reception staff walk in shower breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Booked in two nights as family wedding at Assembly rooms which was next door so location was brilliant. Arrived by train and two minutes walk from station. Room was nice but a bit trendy for my taste but clean and nice bathroom with very good shower.
Breakfast was standard fare. First morning was good but second morning was a bit chaotic as a lot more people and a wait for a table and food items running out.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would stay again as great location.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
paul B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2017

Good morning,

Thank you for the kind words, I am pleased you enjoyed the stay in such a great location for Assembly Rooms and the train station. Apologies that breakfast was a bit chaotic on the second morning, the feedback will be used to help us improve on the areas necessary.

I do hope that we see you again soon, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

I visited this hotel with my boyfriend across our Christmas break and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Our room was not ready on arrival so we where given complementary drinks for the hassle. when we got to the room was clean and had plenty of space. There was an issue with the spot light in the bathroom and when we made the reception aware they addressed the situation straight away. We had a fantastic meal in the hotel restaurant. When we left the hotel I had left my very sentimental jewellery in the safe and the staff where very honest and wonderful, they posted my jewellery to my home. I can not thank them enough my jewellery is very sentimental to me and they could have easily said they did not have it.

Thanks to sam, Emma, Kirsty and the whole team involved in getting my jewellery back to me.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Good evening,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay, I am pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable stay despite the delayed check in and it is great to read this was rectified in a timely manner.

I will pass on your kind words to the team members mentioned as well as the rest of the team for ensuring you received your jewellery back, our aim is to be a 'Great Hotel Guests Love' and on this occasion it seems like we achieved this.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, I do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Nice enough hotel, central location, nice bar/lobby area and parking directly beneath hotel were good.

But room was on the small side for two people and noisy. Having read earlier reviews I asked at check-in was was told was on side of building so should be OK. But side of hotel faces side of O2 academy - didn't near the gig (we were at one ourselves) but the later club night was easily audible, including the details of the various crescendo & bass drops. Pretty loud - In my younger days I could have probably named that tune!. Not a good choice if you are a light sleeper although Toon on a weekend night is likely to be noisy in lots of hotels.

The prospect of a late check out as standard was welcomed, but having had three separate sets of housekeeping staff knock on the door in quick succession (c.5 min intervals between each) after 10am this was rather un-done.

Not dreadful, but I will be trying somewhere else next time I am in town.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms immediately off the lift lobby/landing
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
paul B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Good evening,

Thank you for providing feedback of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read of the noise disturbances you experienced, especially after you requested a room away from such potential noise. Please let us know of a future arrival to Newcastle and we will ensure that you are allocated a room away from any potential noise, I can promise a future stay will be of a much higher standard.

I do hope to see you again soon, have a great evening.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Stayed here with my partner to attend a concert at the O2 Academy- this hotel was in the perfect location, we only had to go round the corner! This hotel was also brilliantly located for access to the shops and restaurants. The hotel has a modern/quirky style. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated with very comfy beds! The breakfast in this hotel was the only thing that lets it down slightly, the food looked as if it had been sat in the heaters for a long time so next time we would rather go out for our breakfast. However we will definitely return to this hotel for a shopping trip or to see another concert.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
paul B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Good evening,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Indigo, I am delighted to read you enjoyed the stay and made the most of our great location!

The feedback regarding breakfast has been taken on board to help us improve our standards where possible, I do hope to see you again very soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 3 January 2017

the welcome was warm. the room more than adequate and spotless.
Room not ready on arrival as we were there early. luggage stored for us and in our room waiting when we returned.Nothing seems too much trouble for the staff here.
We ate in the Marco Pierre White restaurant.Food was fab but the service was outstanding , probably the best I have had in some time. Will be back.

1  Thank Andrew C

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for the lovely review of your recent stay, I am delighted you had a great experience in both Hotel Indigo and Marco Pierre White Restaurant.

I hope you had a great New Year and hope to see you again in the future.