All reviews taxi journey stag doo brilliant weekend city centre freeman hospital rooms are clean breakfast was included stayed for nights toon
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Very basic room, more like a hostel with bathroom and TV that didn't work (remote been nicked), despite 2 guys coming to try & fix it still no joy, as soon as you changed channel it went off & wouldn't come back on. I asked for a partial refund but as it had been working (for about 2 minutes) I was refused.
Bathroom had 2 broken hooks & blind, door didn't shut properly.
We won't be back!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Jesus where to begin! So 9 of us lads shared 2 x 5 bed “basement/converted cellar” rooms. I’ll list each part best I can for you to form your own judgement. Beds! Mattress was thin, very thin. Tbh I think mine had the word Rizla printed on it! My friends lifted their’s up, huge mistake!!! Kebab (ok its was from a previous idiot not the staff but all the same) and so many things that we couldn’t even guess not to mention vast amounts of staining! my bed sheets had dried in stains (which was lucky as I thought I bled out over night!) and smelt of smoke which I later realised the laundry room at the rear is next to a smoking area! ‍♂️ Lighting! bright, REAL BRIGHT! One small window into hallway but didn’t open. Walls! had a few stains per panel mainly water marks from leaks above. I had a adopted pet in the floor boards above me by way of a (big) mouse or rat that scurried all night long (when does he sleep!!!) The bathroom best described as a wet room that slopes towards the bedroom. Don’t get bed nearest the door . The drain didn’t drain (tbf after 15 mins it did ‍♂️) but the extractor didn’t work either thus helping grow some rather unusual items on the ceiling! We had a vegan so he was interested! The lighting outside the room was temperamental however it was hanging off the wall. Tbh accommodation aside the staff are really friendly, could just do with maybe adding a cleaner, maintenance man etc to the team!!!

Bars nice though

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Connoisseur1976
Ge0_87, General Manager at The New George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about the rooms you stayed in. We have since communicated your issues with house keeping and we have put in place more vigorous checks of the housekeeping for each room. We have also communicated your issues with our maintenance team who will look into the points you have raised.

We have just changed over management and we are renovating and improving the hotel from top to bottom to enhance our guest experience during there stay with us. We thank you for your feedback and I can assure you that all of this will be rectified.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say,
Lovely character rooms and a must to experience the rustic or reclaimed route of the rooms really sets the vibe as soon as you walk in. They are rooms that just keep giving with no extra fees!

They come with a flattened half eaten pastie or some kebab meat under your mattresses if you get a bit peckish.
The no airflow no windows and no extraction to the room means all your clothes stay damp and smell of the weekends antics.

The halogen roof lights give you a sun bed experience for no extra fee.
The mattresses come already stained with all the bodily fluids you can imagine, so no holes are barred when your doing what you do in your very own fart box.

The plumbing and electricity wiring has an amazing charm, goes to show the owners of the george do give little timmy down the road a break from his crash Helmut and crayons to do a weekend job now and again!

Breakfast is what it is no exceptions. Best saying of the breakie experience was...

poorched.

I can only end this experience with a massive thank you to the staff they where brilliant sports.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Fartboxloving87

Hi,

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

There was a big group of us stayed at the hotel for a hen do! We turned up a little tipsy and the receptionist was very polite (even though a few of the party were being a bit rude) The room I was sharing with the hen was very hot, I went downstairs to see if there was anything could be done and the young man came and brought a fan up to the room! Rooms were clean and well worth the price! Will definitely be returning!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Ge0_87, Guest Relations Manager at The New George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Hi Erin,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at The New George Hotel.
We are very grateful for the time spent leaving a review and are pleased our staff was able to accomodate your needs, hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Lee.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Very affordable and in a great location for students.
Lee, the hotel receptionist is very helpful and chatty.
The restaurant/ bar (Jam Jar) downstairs has amazing food and cocktails. They have the nicest and approachable staff! I will definitely return next time I visit Newcastle.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Franciszka,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
I will be sure to pass the comments onto the JAM JAR team also. Many thanks.

Kind regards,