All reviewscity centrecomplimentary watermetro stationbusy roadfree car parkingosborne roadan italian restaurantkit katsmall gymmini fridgeexecutive roomleave the cargood sizereception staffmodern hotelbusiness tripquiet room
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here for 1 night on business in June 2014. The staff were friendly and helpful. I stay in a lot of hotels on business, and having staff that smile (genuinely!) and actually want to make your stay as pleasant as possible makes a huge difference. The room I had was very large and comfortable with powerful air conditioning (always a big plus in my view). The room service was exceptional. I arrived fairly late, so wanted something simple and quick - the burger and chips I had was actually one of the best meals I've had at any hotel. Simple food done really well can be a wonderful thing. The breakfast the next morning was very good too. I will certainly stay here again if I'm in the area. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members, and will let our chef know your lovely comments about the food.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel brings you back to Newcastle!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here will colleague for two nights on dinner b and b basis. Hotel facilities are great and the refurbished rooms are very good. Is quite a treck into the city of that's why you are staying there.
We checked out in a bit of a hurry as going to a meeting, later in the day checked my bills and had to call twice as they had charged for dinner food that was included and we ate in the bar one night against an allowance which was also charged for, staff did not know how to work the till !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to post a review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I would like to apologize that a mistake was made from our restaurant on posting dinner charges on your room bill. I will speak to my restaurant manager to make sure that re training is done to avoid any inconvenience in the future.

However If I remember correct I spoke to you on the day and adjustments was made to your charges.
If you need any further assistance in regards to your bill please feel to contact me at any point of time, my email is foh@hinewcastle.co.uk

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Rooms are very nice. It's on a main road but not too far from newcastle city centre in a cab. Hotel restaurant is definitely not worth a visit, average prices but food is poor quality. The staff are not very pleasant I found, as I am a Holiday Inn member I had arranged a late checkout previously, however I had the most horrid little woman knock on my door to ask me why I had not checked out, followed by a number of phone calls to the room, until they eventually apologised and advised they had forgot to note that a late checking was arranged. However to be honest I was really annoyed at that point because they had ruined a very well needed sleep in after a night out in Newcastle! I thought the hotel was really nice but I simply wouldn't return based on that experience!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I am really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on the day of your departure and housekeeping was knocking at your door and calling to check for your departure. I will speak to the housekeeping manager in relationship to your concern.

I am sorry about the experience you had and about your decision of not coming back to our hotel, however if you change you mind and do come please email me personally on foh@hinewcastle.co.uk and I can assure you we will do are best to make sure you have a wonderful experience in our hotel on your next stay.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

It's been a long while since staying in a Holiday Inn....we were very surprised. Nice sized room, decor with everything you need. Great customer service from housekeeping to front of house. Nice touch of complimentary drinks and chocolate!! Will certainly recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

It had been a while since I stayed in a holiday inn and to be honest in wasn't expecting much!
However I was very pleasantly surprised, these staff were very friendly, helpful and just delightful. The room was clean and well presented, and the restaurant was very good too. We had a lovely meal and the staff were very good here too the is obviously a very good management structure! I genuinely look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members.