All reviewspetrol stationco opfalcons nesttravel lodgecar washclean and comfortable roomsample car parkingrace coursestayed herecosta coffeeeasy accessideal locationbasic roomchristmas partywhitley baybus stopgood nights sleep
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Stayed here for a Christmas Party, excellent service, cleaned to a high standard.. you can use all the facilities within the hotel. would highly recommend to a friend or family member. I Will defiantly be back again..

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Azza1234
Reviewed 4 December 2017

This hotel is great for racegoers (the course is a 10 min walk)..It's bang next to a pub which does meals,and a Co op garage,and a McDonalds.The rooms are very clean,and the bed was excellent!! No surrounding noise during the night made for a great sleep.Staff very happy tp help if needed.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I was pleasantly impressed with this travelodge, having previously stayed in several which were in much need of repair. This one was very bright, cushioned carpets, nice big bed with thick duvet/pillows and a lovely clean shower with fluffy towels. For the price, location and quality I cannot fault the hotel. Although we were facing the A1, there was very little noise. There is a McDonald's and a Co-op right next door. Also the Falcon's Nest pub shares the same car park and I've eaten there a few times in the past and have enjoyed a good meal.

However we were let down by the booking process - the room was booked and paid for in July on a saver rate. The money was taken straight out of my account and I received an emailed receipt. My son checked into the hotel first, the booking was made by myself but in his name which was all on the confirmation I gave him. He called me to say that reception were asking him to make the £74 payment of the room. I spoke with the receptionist who told me that they had no record of the room being paid for. When I told him the money came out of my account in July he stated that was probably just my bank holding the monies as a 'pending' transaction and that once I'd made the payment again, the bank would release the pending funds to me. I knew that was nonsense and asked him to check again. He still said he couldn't find the money and asked if I'd booked through a third party as they had no record of it ever being received (it was made directly via travelodge website). Only when I went onto my emails and said I had the invoice right in front of me did he find it. This is very worrying especially as if my Son hadn't been able to get hold of me, he would have been made to pay again in order to check into his room.

The whole point of a saver room tariff is paying up front so you get a cheaper rate. I appreciate the admin error might not have been that of this particular hotel and could have been a glitch on the website but either way it could have left us out of pocket with a battle to get the original payment back. So if you stay here, be armed with your invoice and proof of payment!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Exactly as you would expect from Travelodge, clean, tidy and good value for money. However the restaurant next door does not do breakfast and the pillows are almost solid foam. One pillow is not high enough and two pillows mean that you end up with chronic neck ache

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Charlotte from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Newcastle Gosforth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

We're delighted to receive such positive feedback with regards to your recent stay at our Newcastle Gosforth Travelodge and we thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're pleased to learn your stay was great value and your room was clean.

We aim to provide a comfortable stay for our guests, so we're happy to hear this has been achieved. We will be sure to pass your lovely comments to the hotel team and we do hope you stay with us soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is my second stay at this Travelodge & i would not hesitate to stay there again. On both occasions the room has been clean & comfortable. The shower is hot and if you want clean bedding /towels every day they are available. The hospitality was outstanding. Seaton Sluice is a short ride away and the beeches are breathtaking.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple