2,246 results
All reviews quay restaurant overlooking the river bay window club room afternoon tea fifth floor bit dated city centre car park would stay again bars and restaurants stayed here for one night lovely room couldn't fault full english saturday night tyne
Reviewed 11 August 2017

This is a very mediocre hotel. The rooms are adequate, the bathrooms inadequate - very tired and lacking in commodities. Food at breakfast is below average and the coffee dreadful - like dish water; however, it is not an expensive hotel.
The location is superb, but this not enough to warrant 4 star status. Definitely a 3 star establishment

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank londonfoodie81
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Copthorne hotel in Newcastle for 2 nights on a work trip. Brilliant trip. Great room, plenty of room. Fantastic view, sat with my morning cup of tea, french doors open, watching the water, best way to wake up. Used the gym on a teatime and at 6.10am, nice and quiet, only myself and my colleague in. Big glass doors to enjoy the view while sweating. Very good breakfast. Helpful and polite staff.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you've enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the quality of your bedroom, the hotel location, the cardio gym facility, the standard of breakfast and the helpfulness of the team. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

From the outside of this hotel you might think that it is run down.
Not true
The inside is clean and tidy, checking in was a very easy process, I had a room on the 2nd floor, the corridor smelt a little musty. My room was a very nice large double bed, flat screen and fab a view over the Tyne.
Great nights sleep very quiet.

Breakfast was a bit manic with a coach tour bad timing on my part, but a great selection in the restaurant overlooking the river.

Overall good value for money in the city queyside

Would I return? Yes I would

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you've enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the standard of cleanliness, the ease of check-in, the comfort of your bedroom, the hotel location, the quality of breakfast and the value for money. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We had only one night there, however found our check in quick, efficient and friendly. Our room and bathroom were large, spacious and clean, with all expected amenities. Beds were excellent. My only two complaints were that the mini bar was not stocked, even with water or soft drink and there were no glasses to drink from and the Wifi was pitifully slow. Too slow in fact to be able to use. Only two plastic glasses in the bathroom. Breakfast was good with a wide range in the English style.
The hotel is in easy walking distance to the city centre and is situates right on the Tyne River with great views of the many bridges. I would recommend this hotel and stay again when in Newcastle.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Many thanks for your positive review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the high standard of guest service, the comfort and cleanliness of your bedroom, the quality of breakfast and the hotel location. With regard to the constructive points raised - The fridges are provided simply as an additional facility for guests. Wi-Fi upgrading went live just 24 hours ago, after an extensive 4-week process, which has fully resolved the speed issues (making a real difference). Your positive feedback and recommendation of the hotel are greatly appreciated, and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

From the moment you walk through the door the staff are smiling. Its just a warm welcome. Room was fantastic and the view overlooking the tyne was great. The best iv stayed in when it comes to THE TOON.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the tyne, very therapeutic watching the river roll by.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you've enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the high standard of guest service from the team, the quality of your bedroom, and the hotel location overlooking the Tyne. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards,
Ken Ellington, General Manager.