Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$117
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$67
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

The Hanson Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$59
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$130
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Hedgefield House Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$63
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$76
Priceline
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$111
US$92
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

The New Northumbria Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$58
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

Caledonian Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$72
US$70
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

1,252 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2014

My daughter got married at the Britannia Hotel on the 27th of September 2014 and I would highly recommend the duty manager / wedding planner Chris who helped to make the day go so beautifully well. Chris has good organisational skills, is a people-orientated person and was available on the actual day from mid-morning until 0245 the following day. The rooms are average but comfortable and reasonably priced. The breakfast was included in the price and we were able to catch up with family and friends in the dining room the next morning who had also stayed overnight. The venue was well placed for those family and friends that flew in for the wedding. Our experience was a good one - and even though the hotel was next door to the airport - the double glazing cut out any noise.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Babycatcher2013
NewcManager716, Manager at Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2014

Dear Babycatcher2013,
Thanks so much for your comments, Chris will be thrilled with the feedback.

We are pleased the hotel and team met the demands of this very special occasion and wish the happy couple the very best for their future together.

We hope you welcome you all in the future for other family events,
Kindest regards

Reviewed 30 September 2014

The hotel is only 5/10 minutes walk from the airport which is it's most redeeming feature. On arrival the first thing I noticed was a total lack of a friendly greeting after all this is Geordie land famous for it's warmth of welcome. A smiling welcome makes quite a difference. My reservation said that with my meal came a free bottle of wine, the receptionist said that was only for a couple I pointed out that was not what it said on my reservation and reluctantly I was given a chit for the bottle. The room was pretty basic with a shower that was a bit difficult to work out which nob to turn and in which direction. there was soap and shower gel. The bed was ok and clean. the price of my room with a meal was £78 In the dining room still no smiles and I had to ask twice for my wine so that I could have a glass before I started my meal. Apart from the fact that the 2 slices of pork were cut by the carvery chef were so thin you could nearly see through them the food was really quite good. The soup one of just 2 starters was tasty, as was the black forest desert. My early morning call was on time.

Room Tip: I would expect all rooms are much the same it is ok just for the night before a flight. nothing more to say
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
NewcManager716, Manager at Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2014

Dear peter34darlington,

Thanks for your feedback, we are sorry that you didnt receive our usual friendly welcome, your comments will be filtered back to the team. We usually receive alot of positive feedback about our friendly staff.

We do check bookings prior to arrival to ensure that all items applicable to bookings are flagged up to the team, again apologies for missing the free wine voucher. We do hope you enjoyed it once received.

Thank you again for your honest feedback and we look forward to welcoming you in the future

Reviewed 29 September 2014

We needed a quiet, comfortable room for a night prior to an early flight and the Britannia did the job very well indeed. The room rate was remarkably cheap for the proximity to airport and included parking for a night away.
Furnishings are dated and veering to quaint, but as the room was spotlessly clean, bed linen good and staff, although extremely busy, were polite and helpful, I would certainly go again.
We were not too impressed with what we could see on the menu and as the restaurant was full for another hour we walked across to Premier which was quieter.
One slight problem - although only a couple of 100 yards from the airport building, footpaths are intermittent! Beware!

Room Tip: Ask for first floor at back - could barely hear planes even with window open.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SuebNorthumberland,

Thanks for your feedback, we are pleased you found the hotel met your requirements, just for future reference as the Airport have installed alot of safety barriers along the road edge the best and most convenient route to the airport is out of the hotel main doors to the end of the bar and turn left then follow the zebra crossings over to the airport.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future

Reviewed 23 September 2014

We have been to this hotel a few times on Linedancing weekends. We are just back from a three night stay there enjoying a great linedance weekend. The function room were we danced was very clean and modern with a good dance floor. We were in room 1 on the ground floor which was easy to get too. The room was fairly small and very hot. The room, bed sheets and towels were very clean but the bathroom ceiling was a bit dirty and the vent was clogged with dust. The TV was very old fashioned but we didn't turn it on. I found the bed comfortable but my mum found the bed and pillows rather hard. There was not much noise from inside the hotel apart from the odd person coming back late laughing and talking but this is expected from this kind of event. The first night we opened the inner window and kept the outer window shut and we didn't hear any external noise at all. The next two nights we had the outer window open and the inner window closed and we heard every plane that took off and someone wheeling cases past at 5 in the morning. The staff on reception and the bar were very good, friendly and helpful especially Tony and Alister and on previous visits, Peter. The morning we left one of staff helped us to carry our things out to the front on the hotel as we had too much to carry and there were no trolleys. She was very nice and helpful. The restaurant was awful. The first night we went about 8pm as we arrived late. The waitress was very friendly and efficient. We had soup which was OK but tasted like tinned soup. We decided not to have a main course as we are vegetarians and we did not fancy the only option of vegi chilli. I went up to get myself and my mum a cold dessert but when I got there there was only one plate left. I had to ask someone to get some more plates but when she brought them out they were too hot so she went back and brought some more out. I picked one up but it was dirty and I could not get back to get another one as the other people had moved over and I could not get to the plates. I took my mum some dessert and the I had to queue up again to get mine. The cold desserts were ok but straight out of the packets and the chocolate sauce for the profiteroles was a funny colour. There was also only one piece of each dessert left and the staff were slow to get more out. The next night we went in at 5pm and we had garlic mushroom which consisted of a full bowl of garlic sauce with four hard mushrooms in it. It did taste nice especially with the bread rolls. We had some vegetable bake for main course which the chef managed to get all over the vegetables and himself. He did not appear very tidy and his uniform was too big and creased. The vegetables were mushy and tasteless. I had chocolate log for dessert which was chocolate pudding and it was tasty. The last night we went in at 7pm and the waitresses did not acknowledge we were there and the table was not set up properly-no rolls, cutlery or water. We had to call the waitresses over for service and again to clear our dishes. We had minestrone soup which ok but again out of a tin. We had a pasta bake for main course and veg which was again tasteless and I had a black potato. When we went up to the counter there was no chef to serve us so we had to lean over to help ourselves and there were no handles on the veg dishes so they were difficult to lift off. During the day the bar was not always manned and we had to find someone to serve us but they were efficient during the evening .

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
NewcManager716, Manager at Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Dear Kerry N,
Thanks for your feedback, we are obviously disappointed with the comments, from speaking with yourselves and other members of the line dance group throughout the weekend we received very good feedback, I spoke with you and your mother on several occasions and at no point were issues raised. Some individuals with the group had dietary requirements which were met and others highlighted them at the time and were also met. If you would prefer something which isnt on the menu that day our duty managers and chef will endeavour to offer you an alternative providing we are informed of this. With all large groups desserts etc are prepared in higher quantities and would be replenished throughout the service, I presume at the time the team had seen the bulk of the line dancers through dinner and had to replenish the desserts on offer. Dinner was served from 5pm for Awesome on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Our bar is manned throughout the day however as the team members have other tasks to complete you are required to ring for service when they arent behind the bar, signage is in place so that you arent kept waiting around.

We have welcomed the line dance group now for many years without issues, if you dont feel you can contact a member of the team, the organiser of the event is always on hand to take comments and we have a very good working relationship so she will pass on the comments and a suitable solution would be agreed immediately so you were happy. We do look forward to welcoming you back to next years event, please feel free to contact a member of the team at any point should you require something not on offer in the restaurant and we will endeavour to accommodate your request

Reviewed 20 September 2014

Fantastic from start to finish. Staff were fantastic,food was amazing. Our room was gorgeous. Dean was brilliant from the moment we arrived till we went to bed. The day was better than i thought possible.

• Stayed: September 2014

Dear Daveyfish,
Thank you for your positive review, we are delighted that you were happy with the hotel and the staff on your wedding day.

Whilst on the day its one person who manages everything for you there is a team of others behind the scenes supporting that person to ensure you receive the best possible service to you and your guests.

We wish you both all the very best for the future and do hope to welcome you back for other family events.
Kindest Regards,