“No substance for a hefty price ”

Filmore & Union John Lewis Newcastle
Ranked #642 of 1,370 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$4 - US$32
Description: Our food is healthy and nutritious and we're serving food across the day - from nourishing breakfasts to delicious dinners. Enjoy fresh juices, smoothies, and now even our stylish cocktail bar! Dogs are more than welcome, in either the restaurant or our outdoor dining area.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I mean I’m almost lost for words about this place, honestly. The menu sounds okay, you can see what they’re trying to do, but Jesus, the execution is 0/10, so so poor. Decent little wine list considering the situation, but that’s where the positives end.
My salt beef BAGEL came out as a sandwich because they had no seeded bagels left, I wasn’t consulted on this change, and a few minutes later my actual bagel arrives. Now, this was advertised as a beef bagel on the menu, I swear to god I wish I’d taken a photograph of it, there were two 2x4cm pieces of salt beef in my bagel, with the rest of the sandwich being packed to the brim with mixed leaf (the same mixed leaf that was used for my “salad” that came with said bagel). I’m not even going to go into how stale the bagel was. Two of my friends had similar sandwiches. £45. Avoid.

1  Thank Hidden_Sandwich

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Visited for the first time last month. Great spot. The quality and presentation of our meals was absolutely superb. We were advised that the burger would take around 20 minutes, as it was prepared fresh. This was apparent, and well worth the wait. All staff were helpful and pleasant. We will be back for more.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We went for a quick lunch whilst shopping and had a bacon sandwich and chicken wrap, a juice and a lemonade.
The juice was superb as was the food which we couldn’t fault but it was unfortunately the length of time to get it that spoiled the whole thing. When we questioned this we were told that there was 1 check before ours when the man next to us already had his but had come in way after we had. It wasn’t busy either. All in all a real shame so not sure we will go back.

1  Thank Katem78
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I hate shopping! It’s the worst thing anyone can do! I was on a days holiday with my wife and son, the day before his second birthday. What was I doing on my day off? Shopping!

We went to John Lewis and as we were browsing the baby gear, I spied filmore and union. I have previously reviewed the little shop at central station which is brilliant. I would say that this shop is better.

It’s a bright and airy looking cafe/restaurant looking out onto the Eldon square mall. Lots of space, various types of seating and an impressive menu.

We found the staff to be super helpful and service was swift.

I was flagging after one shop so we had food from the breakfast menu served until half 11. Bacon bagel was to die for. Nice coffee and great healthy looking treats. We also had a very refreshing smoothie which is right up our street.

I actually can’t wait to go back! Great find for us and well done to John Lewis for thinking a bit outside the box

Reviewed 24 April 2018

First and last visit today. Overpriced poor quality food and limited selection of overpriced wine. Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel with virtually no filling. When I complained to the waitress who had no people skills whatsoever said o.k. she'd bring some more. No apologies. This restaurant needs upfront management not afew inexperienced young people who appeared to have little interest in what they were paid to do.

1  Thank Sue M