“Amazing food and a lovely welcome”
Review of Lavenham Greyhound

Lavenham Greyhound
Ranked #11 of 21 Restaurants in Lavenham
Price range: US$6 - US$38
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A fine Suffolk Pub serving a good selection of Beers and Ales, wines, spirits, artisan spirits and a large selection of soft drinks. Food is served from 10:00am until 10:00pm everyday. The menu has a large range of freshly prepared seasonal dishes using the very best suppliers. Everything from stocks and sauces, ice cream, to bread we make ourselves, we even smoke our own fish. Our menu ranges from the classics to more complex dishes. We also have a selection of small savoury dishes to share. Watch out for our daily changing specials and our very popular themed nights.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I came in with my partner and I a few days ago and were welcomed by a nice young man behind the bar called Alex he sat us down and was very efficient, he recommended the Gins and they were delightful!

My partner had a Foxdenton GnT and I just had a Peroni!

We ordered the Lamb shoulder and the Cep Mac and Cheese (both delicious and to die for)

We didn’t have enough room for dessert sadly but the service couldn’t of been better well done Alex! and thank you for making us feel welcome we shall return in the future.

1  Thank LongIslandIcedTea997

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely pub in an ideal location. Nice atmosphere, friendly barman and comfortable seating. The Luscombe soft drinks were delicious.

1  Thank Hannah_bright
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We first took a drive out to Lavenham from London just over a year ago and had the most fantastic meal. So when we had cause to be not that far away, we took advantage of the situation and drove a bit further out to have lunch at The Greyhound again.

I can't fault the staff - everyone we dealt with was friendly and polite. Unfortunately, however, the food this time around just didn't measure up to last time. Three of us had the leek & potato soup; two of us left it! Apart from the fact it was bearly warm, it wasn't the hearty, comforting soup one would usually expect. I and my MIL just didn't like it at all. When the waiter came to take our plates away, he asked how everything was and I did say that unfortunately I didn't like it. But my comment wasn't followed-up or acted upon.

The *tiny* ham & chicken shortcrust pie I had was tasty but the mash was lumpy. And again, both not very hot at all! Two of our party of four had the veal schnitzel which they said was slightly dry, but edible.

All in all, just rather disappointing, given the food we had last time.

2  Thank Suzanne C
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Very tasty food in a great quirky building relatively reasonably priced in a relaxed informal setting.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

An excellent menu and delicious food. Visited on a busy Sunday lunch time. Nice atmosphere. Lavenham is lucky to have several high quality restaurants, this fits in very nicely.

1  Thank MVG205