“Catch up meal”

Ranked #42 of 562 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy freshly cooked Mediterranean food, wine, cocktails and cask ales in a beautifully restored early 1900 character pub nestled between Leek and Stoke. Situated along the A53, on the edge of Greenway Hall Golf Club, Ego at The Hollybush is a must visit for its Mediterranean food, family friendly dining, kid’s playground and a stunning fully enclosed glass terrace, perfect for all year al fresco dining. Our menu boasts a mixture of the best cuisine from across the Mediterranean including French, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Moroccan classics. Our a la carte menu offers plenty of fish and seafood options, delicious steaks, pizza, pasta and paella as well as a large choice of vegetarian dishes to choose from.
Reviewed 28 October 2021

So easy to book a table online.
Great service on arrival
Good choice of food to suit all tastes.
We ordered pizzas to share which were delicious
Attentive service throughout the meal.
My friend & I both love the EGO mini desserts which is a great idea.
Good ambience in the restaurant.
Good value for money.

Date of visit: October 2021
Guest Relations Manager, Marketing at Ego at The Hollybush, Stockton Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2021

Thank you for the 5 - stars, Polly!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time with us,

Hope to see you again soon :)

Write a reviewReviews (1,796)

Reviewed 28 October 2021

The food was delicious but the green beens were hard but besides that it was amazing. The people were really kind and the chefs cooked the food brilliantly. My family and I really enjoyed the meal we will go again thank you so much.

Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

As always, warm welcome and amazing food! Went for Sunday lunch as a family of 5, including my 3yo daughter. We ordered off the Sunday lunch menu as well as the main menu. Had to ask for a few things; wine menu, we'd ordered a side for my daughter and I missed a second drink and had to get bill adjusted for overcharge. All minor misses really when the good was so good and service friendly. One thing I find (or don't) at 99% of restaurants I go to. It's great that a restaurant has a childs' menu, with child portion sizes and drinks etc. But then don't have kids' cutlery! My 3yo was given a big spoon to eat her pasta, it didn't fit in her mouth! But none of that will stop us going there again!

Date of visit: October 2021
Guest Relations Manager, Marketing at Ego at The Hollybush, Stockton Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review,

I will pass your feedback on to the management and kitchen,

Hope to see you again so we can make it a 5 - stars time :)

Reviewed 21 October 2021

I wanted to treat my husband to a meal as it was his 40th birthday. We’ve been to Ego in Lichfield a few times and have always been happy with the quality of the food and service. This was a completely different experience. When booking, I left a note on the online booking system to say it was his birthday and asked for some sort of acknowledgment. They are supposed to offer a free dining experience if it’s your birthday.....Didn’t happen! Not so much as a happy birthday which costs nothing. Service was extremely slow, my salmon was over cooked, nobody asked us how our meals were (dry). We were left with the plates on our table for 25 minutes after we’d finished our meal and eventually put our coats on and walked to the bar to pay as we needed to go. No apology or explanation, we were clearly unhappy. Not the special experience I had envisioned. We won’t return.

Date of visit: October 2021
Guest Relations Manager, Marketing at Ego at The Hollybush, Stockton Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2021

Really sorry to learn about your disappointment,

With our birthday voucher offer, you have to make a member of staff aware and give them the discount code so sorry if there was any miscommunication.

I will pass your feedback on to the management to ensure these issues are addressed,

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 October 2021

Birthday Meal - Great atmosphere, food and service. Food was good quality, right amount and tasty. Music was perfect at the right level. Very friendly service. We'll be back.

Date of visit: October 2021
Guest Relations Manager, General Manager at Ego at The Hollybush, Stockton Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2021

Happy Birthday!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time,