“Gem of a Georgian Traditional Pub with Friendly Service”
Review of The Star Inn

The Star Inn
Ranked #48 of 635 Restaurants in Bath
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I run out of superlatives as I think about my evening at the Star Inn. Imagine the traditional public house of your dreams, small cozy rooms, a warm coal fire, smooth delicious real ales, and friendly service. We felt so welcomed in out of the wet and cold by bartender Ziegfried, who could not have been nicer. His infectious for the pub and its history was infectious and we so enjoyed our ale and gin and tonic by the fire. I'm back in the states now but I dream of this pub and can't wait to return.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Step back in time. What a place. Stan’s cider was a great hit. Not much room to sit down but more than made up for by the atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I've been visiting the historic Star for years. It's one of my favourite pubs in the UK. I pop in most times I'm in Bath. It really takes you back in time.
I love the old wood panelling and individual rooms. There's usually a good range of real ales and cider on hand pump. Best of all is the Bass served from the jug.
It's also great in cold weather when the real fires are going.
The staff and customers are always friendly.
A must visit for pub lovers.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Oh what an amazing pub. I'm old enough to remember when most pubs looked like this. Proper coal fires, little cubby holes, beer from the jug and the wood. Completely uspoiled. Do they do food? Don't know don't care, hope it stays like this forever.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

This place has been frozen in a time warp - old rooms, panelled and screened in an old Bath stone building. Quite possibly the best preserved of its type I have seen anywhere.
An interesting beer selection including some dispensed direct from the barrel.
If you are a Bass drinker you are in for a treat. Lots of locals and a friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank michael186311