2,589 results
All reviews brasserie blanc feature room queen square car park lovely hotel superior room afternoon tea central location classic room nespresso machine per night third floor bed was very comfortable royal crescent main attractions within easy walking distance eggs benedict
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel in the very centre of Bath, close to everything and with parking available. Very warm welcome, friendly and personal at a small desk rather than a wait for a faceless registration as is so often the case. Room was large, nicely decorated, a fab big bed and not too hot (my pet hate in hotels!). We slept really well as could not hear a sound from other rooms or outside. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
FrancisHotelBath, Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Nicola T

Thanks you for taking the time to share you experience with us.
I am really pleased to have read that you had a very pleasant stay with us and found the room comfortable and suitable to your needs.

Really looking forward to welcoming you back to the Francis in the near future

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We stayed at the Francis Hotel in Bath for one night in November- the hotel was in a fantastic location, the room was gorgeous, and the bathroom was fantastic too. Little touches like having beautiful shower products to use, a big mirror for getting ready, gorgeous bedding and a spacious room, made it extra special. We had a wonderful night, the bed was comfortable and the room was beautiful. The service at concierge was also fantastic- I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
FrancisHotelBath, Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Sarah A

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic thoughts and experience with us
I am so pleased that you had a great stay and enjoyed what the Francis has to offer.
Thanks you for the kind words about the team, I will be sure to share this and can assure you that it will be greatly welcomed.

We are all looking forward to having you back at the Francis again soon

Reviewed 29 April 2018

First time we have stayed here. The hotel is well located for visiting the city. The facilities are excellent and the staff are friendly and very efficient. I would definitely recommend this hotel and it's everything you would expect from a Sofitel group hotel.

Stayed: April 2018

Dear UKPAUL18

Thanks you for your kind words and recommendation.
I am so glad that your first stay was a pleasant one, and that you found the hotel ideally located for your visit.

We do hope that this is the first of many visits and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Very expensive for the quality of accommodation on offer. Given a dirty room upon check in which was changed without fuss. However over the following week the beds were not made properly, sheets not changed, carpet in communal hallway outside our door not cleaned for 3 days. The TV in the room was erratic in operation and complimentary water not replenished. On top of that you pay £15 per day for the car parking which is in short supply in the town centre hence the charges, but when you come out in the morning you vehicle is likely to be covered in a mass of seagull droppings - be warned. I was on a short work placement in Bath so tolerated it and did not make an issue. If it was a leisure trip it would have been a different story.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank lesleyamos1959

Dear lesleyamos1959

Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience with us.
I am rather disappointed to read of your experience and our shortfalls.
Sorry about any confusion caused at check-in, but glad that the team were on hand to assist and resolve immediately.
I have raised all your concerns with my housekeeping Manager, and have insisted on refresher training with the team so as to avoid any further disappointment.
I appreciate your discretion at the time, but would rather you brought the shortfalls to our attention at the time, so as to allowed us the opportunity to rectify them and ensure you had a comfortable stay.
Sorry about the seagulls, my concierge team are on hand to assist with cleaning the cars when requested to do so.

I do hope that you will choose top stay with us on your next visit to Bath, and allow us the opportunity to right any wrongs

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

A lovely hotel where the staff were really attentive and did all they could to help my Grandma's 80th birthday surprise go well! Our room was comfortable, breakfast tasty and the overall environment felt very special.

I would recommend taking a bedroom overlooking the car park - some of our party faced the side road and it was a tad noisy.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
FrancisHotelBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Stefanie P,

Thank you for your lovely review, we are very happy to you had a wonderful time celebrating your Grandma's 80th Birthday with us, we enjoyed helping you create the surprise for her.

I am happy to hear you found the room comfortable and the environment special, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Please advise us when booking about the room on the back of the hotel and we will do our very best offer this for you.