All reviews continental breakfast princess room parking permit private garden guest house no lift top floor great pulteney street compote city centre perfect location lovely guesthouse cooked options single room flights of stairs few minutes walk family room
Reviewed 10 June 2016

We booked this property but did not stay there as when I viewed the room I found it was not what was on the advertised site and I refused the tiny room. It was so small I could not open my case except it it was placed on the bed. When queried the staff told me it was their smallest room and only one left. The staff were exceptionally good and I did not have to forfeit my deposit.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheWindsor, General Manager at The Windsor Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2016

You made your reservation on the same day you were planning to stay and arrived just one hour after making your booking. Your reserved our Classic double room which is our cheapest and smallest room - you used booking.com which gave you a photo of the exact room you were allocated as well as the room dimensions and a full description of the room. Why you were surprised to then be shown to this room is beyond me.
The classic doubles are our smallest rooms but are perfectly comfortable for a short break and typical of standard rooms in most UK hotels. Not to mention they are priced far cheaper than our larger rooms. We are also located on Great Pulteney Street - one of Bath's most salubrious addresses just moments walk from all the attractions.
Indeed the staff kindly did not charge you, despite the error being your poor judgement when selecting a room. I think your desire to post a negative review when you lost nothing and despite our staff showing you nothing but kindness is plain rude and clearly a reflection of your character.
I suggest you take better care when making your reservations in future and not just blindly booking the cheapest room you can find without reading any of the information provided about the room first.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Excellent location, very nice room, attention to every detail (hangers in bathroom, hairdryer, etc) was very pleased for the service too. Fantastic breakfast, I reccomend the Eggs benedict. Perfect service.
Only small issue was that I had problems to connect to the WIFI.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review - really pleased that you enjoyed the stay and the service. Sorry to hear you had a problem with the wifi - this is not something we have ever had an issue with before.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

My husband, daughter and I stayed in the Windsor Hotel whilst visiting Bath for two days in May 2016. Bath is a beautiful city, clean and very interesting and the people seem very friendly. The hotel was very beautiful and the staff made us feel very welcome and we would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again.

Room tip: We had a fabulous large bedroom with a gorgeous bathroom on the lower floor with a beautiful garden.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Delighted you enjoyed your stay - look forward to seeing you again and thank you for the recommendation!

Reviewed 3 June 2016

I had the single room on the top floor, so lots of stairs but that was not a issue for me. the room was small but had everything I needed. staff were really friendly and helpful, gave me suggestions of what to do while in Bath and where to eat in the evening. I plan to go back and stay with the Windsor again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
TheWindsor, General Manager at The Windsor Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2016

Thank you for your lovely review - I'm delighted you enjoyed staying in a period townhouse and that you found our suggestions on things to do and where to eat helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Bath is nice, clean and active city, with lots of things to see, shops, pubs, restaurants .... The Windsor is ideally situated, friendly and helpful staff, nice atmosphere, clean and cosy room. Nothing negative, except that the way op to the 3rd floor requires a good physical condition ;-)

Room tip: 3rd floor room has nice view but is a long way up .....
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 412ceesv
TheWindsor, General Manager at The Windsor Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

So pleased you enjoyed your trip - Bath is indeed a beautiful city and well worth visiting! So pleased you enjoyed your stay.
We do have a lot of stairs up to the top floor - we can always allocate a lower floor if requested and we are always able to help with luggage.