“10/10”

The Clifton Sausage
Ranked #116 of 628 Restaurants in Bath
Description: At the Clifton Sausage, our aim is to show that when British food is done well, it can compete with the best food in the world for taste and satisfaction. Our restaurant is situated in the heart of historic Bath in a beautifully restored grade II listed building, with breathtaking views over Bath and the surrounding countryside. Comfort and 'a touch of class' is found in the decor as well as the food and service. Browse through our menus, take a look at upcoming events and book your table at The Clifton Sausage.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely evening, great views of Bath, friendly welcoming staff and delicious food and drink. The Cumberland Sausage toad in the hole was stunning. Perfect evening.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

This was my second time at this restaurant. The restaurant has a very nice ambiance, lovely view and interesting and 'feel good' food. I would like to thank the young man who served us on Saturday 28th April in the evening who very professionally and courteously moved my friend and I to one of the vacant tables in the middle of the room when I informed him that sitting by the window was lovely but was triggering my asthma. I had twice requested this of another person serving us, and despite unoccupied tables for two in the middle of the room, I was told that it was simply not possible. This unresponsiveness to customer needs would have resulted in a very different review and I would urge the restaurant to rectify this for the future. Apart from this incident, the staff as a whole are charming and fun and I might also consider booking the restaurant in the future for informal work functions.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Had my 60th Birthday lunch here. We were a party of eight and each one of us were supremely impressed with the food, the service and the prices. The customer service was superb, despite being busy, the staff made us feel very welcome and treated us like valued customers. Nothing was too much trouble, even slight adjustments we asked from the given menu were accommodated happily. I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant and am looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

It might look quiet when you step in but that is because all of the best seat and views is out the back on the terrace. Most of it is Sausage and mash but I had the chicken burger with hand cut chip which was full of favour with maple bacon, salad and tomato mayonnaise. Lovely with a great select of beer and wine and cocktails, worth a visit especially in the good weather.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

My mum and I had food from the set lunch menu, which was absolutely delicious and the staff were very friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend the panna cotta if you have room for pudding!

CSBath, Manager at The Clifton Sausage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Grace M, We are so glad that your mum and you had a delicious lunch with us. The pannacotta is definitely one of the best puddings to try if you have some room left! The Clifton Sausage Bath team looks forward to your next visit.