All reviews elemis toiletries rubber duck lovely modern hotel leisure facilities sky channels balcony room two double beds walk in shower charlotte street car park spa pool nespresso machine bars and restaurants reception staff excellent hotel great facilities family room
Reviewed 9 April 2018

from the moment we walked in, we were greeted by lovely staff members who were very friendly and happy to help, know a lot of great bars and have good recommendations!
our room was lovely, clean and spacious, very modern hotel with a huge comfortable bed, large bath and walk in shower was lovely!
we had requested a small birthday treat in the room however this wasn't in there when we arrived, although this was sorted very quickly!
situated right next to the town centre, it is only a short walk to bars and shops of bath.
pool area was very relaxing and not too busy!
all in all a brilliant stay for a birthday weekend away, would recommend 100%

Room Tip: higher floors tend to be quieter and better views
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Amy R, Front Office Manager at Apex City of Bath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Ashlyn,

Wow, thank you for such a wonderful review!

We are extremely proud of our team here at the Apex City of Bath Hotel so I am delighted that you were made to feel welcomed and we were able to assist with recommendations in the area.

Thank you for chosing to celebrate your birthday with us here in Bath and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

We stayed here for the first time and really enjoyed the room - excellent bed, adequate space and superb bathroom - only niggle would be that it would have been nice to be able to open the window for some fresh air. Not all of us are a/c fans. We met friends in the bar for the evening and ended up spending a few hours there and decided to order some bar snacks - they really let the side down. Cocktails were excellent, beer menu got my husband's approval - but the bar snacks were trying a little too hard with capers and something called 'chaps' with popcorn crackling whereas all you want in a bar snack is some olives, bread, charcuterie and maybe some chips or tempura vegetables? But I'm nitpicking - the breakfast the next morning was excellent, the housemade granola was superb. Reception staff were incredibly helpful - pretty sure we'll be back to stay here!

Stayed: April 2018

Dear Susanne,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your bedroom and that you had the opportunity try some drinks on our bar and cocktail menu's. We are always open to feedback so please be assured I will share your feedback regarding the bar snacks to both our Food & Beverage Manager and Head Chef to look into. It is with feedback like this that is useful in our strive to deliver exceptional levels of customer service so thank you very much.

I do hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Very nice hotel and helpful staff. The bed was amazing we slept very well! The steam room and sauna are really good but the pool not very relaxing (loud club music, children jumping and splashing). The hotel is 5 min away from the Cathedral, perfect location!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Amy R, Front Office Manager at Apex City of Bath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with a memorable experience so I am delighted this was the case during your stay.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again at some point in the future and please feel free to contact me should you require any assistance with your bookings.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with the family and it was a very pleasant stay! The spa (steam room, sauna and pool) was the highlight. Very clean, stylish decor with each room having a large bath and separate shower. Breakfast in the new restaurant downstairs was included which was freshly prepared and delicious. The location is very central and only a ten minute walk away from the Abbey.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear James,

Thank you for the wonderful review.

It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you to the Apex City of Bath Hotel and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Stayed one night on a room only basis in Bath, which is a very expensive city to stay in. The hotel is in a good position in the centre of Bath, but has no dedicated parking. You can pay for valet parking, but this is very expensive at £25, and you can park 10 minutes walk away in a public car park for about £8.50 for 24 hours. The lobby is modern and is connected to the bar. When I went to use the bar, it was empty. There are a number of better drinking establishment nearby (across the road, in fact). The room was modern, comfortable and well equipped. The bed was comfortable and had plenty of pillows. The hotel does have a gym and pool with sauna and I took a dip. The pool isn't very big and isn't really for 'doing lengths', but it does have a few water jets along the side in a spa-like formation. Not really a full spa though. All in all, a very good hotel for sleeping, but that's about all.
I had pre-paid for my room and the staff were welcoming at check-in, but I gave over my credit card for any incidentals. However, when I returned to the bar for a final drink later in the night I couldn't charge it to my room because the barman said that a card hadn't been set up for the room.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

Your feedback is truly valuable in our strive for continuous improvement so please be assured I have shared your comments with the relevant members of the management team to look into.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.