“Good private tour”

Oxbridge Tours Oxford
Ranked #25 of 51 Tours in Oxford
More attraction details
Owner description: Oxbridge Tours offers academic and cultural walking tours for corporate groups, schools and tourists led by current Oxford University students. Your student guide will take you through the Colleges and streets of Oxford. The University of Oxford the second oldest in the world, first mentioned in historical texts as early as 1096. We also offer special group tours as well as private tours. More information is on our website.
Reviewed 13 September 2015

I was on a public tour previously and the size of the group does affect the experience. We decided to take a private tour for myself and daughter. Our guide Andrew was on time and definitely tried to be helpful during the entire tour of 1.5 hour. I can say that I do recommend this type of tour, however, the explanations will vary depending on your guide, so there is no way to know in advance how profound is the guide knowledge. I've asked to emphasize the Harry Potter theme and were disappointed to find that just one film location was included. We visited Balliol college though that represents a typical college and toured several major university sites.

Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

We just had the most extraordinary private walking tour of Oxford. Our guide Ashley is a local resident and graduate of New College. We were treated to so much that most visitors don't get to experience. It was the "connoisseur's" tour given by someone who is very passionate about the history and importance of this remarkable institution and city. I booked it through Benjamin Firman of Oxbridge and specified our interest in the historical aspect and Ashley certainly delivered more than I could have imagined. We visited all manner of hidden places to get little jewels of information. As we are here during Awards Week we were right in front of Balliol when out came a string of students in their robes who walked across the street to the Sheldonian Theater for their graduation ceremony,a real Oxford experience!

2  Thank Janet1215
Reviewed 10 June 2015

a really interesting tour guided by Konrad, who I think is local to Oxford and attended one of the Universities for a while. Konrad was on time at the gates of Balliol college, over the road from the Tourist info shop (we were a bit concerned about being in the right place but needn't have worried). The tour was supposed to be 90mins, but we didn't notice til afterward that it had over-run, as it was very entertaining and informative. Konrad was always easy to hear and understand and obviously knowledgeable. I've made some notes about places he pointed out to re-visit on a future date. Well worth the price specially as we got it for just £9.50 using a Groupon deal, also worth an appallingly uncomfortable ride on a nearly new but very uncomfortable local bus from the Park & ride

1  Thank Julian L
Reviewed 9 June 2015

We had visited London previously, but had never made our way out to Oxford. This turned out to be a great day, with a pleasant train ride out from Paddington Station and a walk through the town of Oxford (grittier and not as green as I expected it to be) before we met Konrad, our guide, at the assigned corner. (If you are like the other members of my family, you might think at first you are in the wrong place, and should be joining in with a group down the street. Don't worry. Konrad will be there on time.) Konrad was a wonderful guide, and seemed to tailor his presentation to the audience. My background is in theology, and he made it a point to show us the Divinity School. It was a whirlwind 90 minutes of sights and sites and history along with an orientation to the university system at Oxford. He helped us see what a fascinating place it is!

1  Thank Steve M