“Lovely fish and chips”

The Cods Scallops (Bramcote Lane)
Ranked #20 of 1,351 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lazy lunch today with a take out from Cods Scallops in Wollaton. The haddock was lovely, but I do prefer fish to be skinless and this wasn't, but having said that it was a delicious meal. Hopefully I will try the seafood next time.

john m, Owner at The Cods Scallops (Bramcote Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there,

I’m glad you enjoyed you lazy chippy lunch, just a quick note to let you know that we can skin the Haddock for you next time just ask the server!

Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Whitby, traditionally has great fish and chips and this is on a par.
Lovely place, clean and funky, all the staff are in a smart uniform.
Good menu lots of choice and I can’t wait to try some fresh fish
The fish, chips and peas were delicious but they are cooked in dripping and this can be tasted on your tongue.
Very good portions even for a big appetite.
This is such a great addition to Long Eaton, easy public parking.
Will definitely be back

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Just managed to grab a table before the lunchtime rush and were treated to the best fish and chips I've had for a very long time!
They fry in beef dripping, serve all manner of sustainably caught fish, the fish can be cooked however you prefer it. The icing on the cake for me was free batter bits, I was transported back to my childhoo. Yum!

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Hands down best fish and chips we have ever had. We had heard and known about the place for a long time but took a while to finally try and we are glad we did. My partner is a proper foodie and usually there is something missing but no he devoured his sea bass! Will definately be revisiting more often and to say the amount of people ordering there, yes there was a wait but for the amount of people it was so efficient!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I'm currently on the low FODMAP diet to control IBS symptoms, which is very restrictive so makes eating out difficult. But had a great experience here as they were very happy to fit round my dietary requirements. The gluten free fish option included garlic which is a no go, but they happily did some without, so had a lovely piece of baked salmon with lemon and herbs alongside some great chips! Nice little booths for eating in which made you feel a bit more secluded from people coming in to take away. Would definitely come back!

1  Thank Hannah P